Day

Time

14:53:21

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » A&E - Capital Ship Territory
Year 17 Day 29 18:50
So, Capital Ships (Frigates, Corvettes, Capitals and Super Capitals) own by factions are considered the territory of that faction. What of privately owned Capital Ships? Whose territory are they considered to be under A&E rules?

1795879249047316029.png
Year 17 Day 29 18:58
Whichever system/planet/sector they are in as per the normal A/E rules.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 17 Day 30 13:32
Ethan Travis

Wait what? Capital Ships have territories? What rule page is it?

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
Year 17 Day 30 17:35
... Arrest and Execute.

Who can arrest and execute:
  • Government-type factions may arrest and execute everyone within their territory. "Government Territory" is defined as any planet, system, sector that they control, and any super capital ship, capital ship, frigate or corvette or space station that they own.
  • Regular factions may authorize Government, Mercenary, Bounty Hunter or Security factions to issue warrants, arrest and execute within the faction's territory. "Faction Territory" is defined as any planet, system, sector that they control, and any capital ship or space station that they own.

There are several special cases:
  • Faction owned super capital ships, capital ships, frigates or corvettes that are in hyperspace are considered territory for the faction that owns them.
  • Arrest is not possible aboard all other ships during hyperspace travel.
  • Ships, vehicles and other entities that are docked aboard a faction owned super capital ship, capital ship, frigate or corvette or station is considered the territory of the faction.

Trader, Middleman, FI Operator

Y19.png
Year 17 Day 30 19:19
Cait Catra

That right there is a *really* good rule to know, people. Jus' sayin.

>.>

Year 17 Day 31 5:05
Argo Viridian

Arrest during hyperpace travel is according to the special case permitted on 'faction owned' entities. A privately owned entity is (obviously) not faction owned. Does that mean no arrests in that special case?

If arrest is possible on privately owned entities during hyperspace travel, is it along this rule?
...special cases:
  • Deep space and uncontrolled sectors are considered territory for all government, mercenary, bounty hunter and security factions.

Year 17 Day 31 5:11
Never leave home without a YV-666 your own little piece of terra firma.

Ever Light Transportation

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg

Year 17 Day 32 9:38
Sylvin Macflint

If I'm not mistaken YVs are no longer considered capital ships.

Year 17 Day 32 9:40
They are still considered capitals. A YV-666 is a corvette, which falls under capital ships.

newcreate.php?text=Kathlen%20Stewart&name=MissBrooks.ttf&size=40&style_color=FF0000
Year 17 Day 32 9:42
Sylvin Macflint

Thanks Kathleen, I knew they were once classified as a capital ship, and were then removed from that class to corvettes, good to know..

Edited By: Sylvin Macflint on Year 17 Day 32 9:50
Year 17 Day 32 18:00
That's because the Capital Ship category was expanded into Super Capital, Capital, Frigate, and Corvette. All of those ships were in the single Capital Ship category beforehand, and some of the rule pages still read that way, I believe.

Trader, Middleman, FI Operator

Y19.png
Year 17 Day 37 2:20
Couldn't you make a ship over to a faction while in hyper, then if you can get the privs, do the arrest that way?

Year 17 Day 37 2:51
yah that should work tho the rules are a bit different for in faction arrests and out of faction arrests. Also different is a faction leader attempting to arrest a faction member vs a none faction member.

Edited By: Kray Voh on Year 17 Day 37 2:54

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg

Year 17 Day 38 8:40
Similar line of questioning....

Lets say I have A/E privs from a government
Lets say I am in a system they control
Lets say there is an individual on a personal capital ship I want to arrest
Lets say I don't have access to that ship

can't do it, right? no way to force/get in?

Year 17 Day 38 15:48
no u need access to that ship to be granted via add to crew list or be pilot owner or commander.

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg