Day

Time

13:40:06

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Converting Palace into Faction HQ
Year 17 Day 36 13:34
I know I saw a thread in one of the forums explaining how to turn a palace into a faction HQ. Apparently several people had trouble trying to figure that out.

The answer, I think, was in having the palace owned by the correct entity...Either the faction had to own the palace or the faction owner did.

If someone has a palace to HQ step by step or a link to a thread it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

~Jarneskeg Yrfeloran
mystats.php?uid=c11000

can be seen
Here.
Year 17 Day 36 13:46
hmm, donĀ“t you get the question about that when trying to create the faction?

That is which facility should become the new HQ?

If you already have an HQ I don't think you can convert any palaces into another HQ, its only valid upon faction creation. After that you need to use any HQ DCs.

Year 17 Day 36 13:47
Oh, wanted to clarify a detail. This is not new faction creation...the faction has a new owner/leader and they want to convert their own palace into the HQ

Thanks

~Jarneskeg Yrfeloran
mystats.php?uid=c11000

can be seen
Here.
Year 17 Day 36 14:20
ok, then it can not be done, unless the rules been changed since they were drafted.

If you want to relocate an existing HQ and don't have any DCs you need to recycle the existing HQ to get a new DC back and then re-build.

But if doing so be aware that it have some drawbacks(check rules page for details)

horbanner.gif
Year 17 Day 36 15:15
Thank you Tyr.

~Jarneskeg Yrfeloran
mystats.php?uid=c11000

can be seen
Here.
Year 17 Day 36 15:17
Exanthium Kerensky

So ... what if you acquired a faction from someone and they had an MSD set as the HQ for the faction and yet with the way things are currently for this asset, you are unable to have anyone spawn there upon character creation.

Would they not be able to reassign their HQ to another 7x7 (ie: Palace) so that they can have the required abilities of a properly running faction?

This faction does have the needed DC as it is in their inventory for HQ creation ... so they should be able to assign it to the Palace to make things work as they are supposed to in SWC.

/></div></body></html>
Year 17 Day 36 15:50
If they have a datacard (as in the datacard the factions get when they reach x number of members), they have to build the HQ. It doesn't transform a facility into a HQ.

Otherwise no, they are stuck with the HQ they have unless they have it recycled. Then they can build another. The transforming one building into a HQ only works for faction creation.

Otherwise they have to pick members up from where ever else they spawn.

Ichiru Hanabusa

FYI you shouldnt be able to from a faction with just a MSD as a HQ as they are only buildable by factions that are already created, then they act like HQs, permanently protected you shouldn't be able to make it over.

So its not possible to have formed with just an MSD, unless you own one from when they were bugged and let you build as a person, but that'd be you fault as the SIM news back then said get rid of them

Year 17 Day 38 10:59
or the faction built an HQ, buiklt the station, then recycled the HQ. Since he does say they have the DC to build an HQ.

Year 17 Day 38 11:43
Simkin Dragoneel

I saw no reason in posting here before because things were pretty much answered.

But since there appears to be a little confusion here:

I know the history of JTC, and yeah. They originally had an HQ which was powered down by a 3rd party. So they recycled it and built a MSD. As has been mentioned here MSD's do not allow new people to spawn into at this time, but I believe the old administration of JTC just had people spawn in or use NPC x-port to a nearby darkness planet where they operated out of.

"This faction does have the needed DC as it is in their inventory for HQ creation ... so they should be able to assign it to the Palace to make things work as they are supposed to in SWC."

No, that is never how SWC works. Factions have many DC's for facilities. None of them are ever assigned, they are all built. Merc factions do not build a hangar or a landing pad and then assign a barracks DC to them, trading factions do not build an office or other 1x3 and then assign a bank DC to them. They just build a barracks or a bank. Only reason why HQ DC's show up at all in your inventory at all is because you have a limited number of them based on your member count which makes them unique. You are confusing production DC's with facility DC's.

Only time conversion ever happens is at creation, after that all facils are built, never assigned. Do not worry, you are not the only one who has been confused over this. I have closed a few bug reports for the very same thing. Hopefully my explanation helps.

Join Faerytail!
SWC VIDEO Tutorials!
Faerytail Do NOT Trade List

q8scw75