279 are online

Year

Day

Time

15:13:24

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Are All Black Hole Systems The Same In That...
I know that once upon a time, the Maw had black holes at its hyper entrance points, but the Powers That Be decided that was a little too dangerous, and the entrance points were cleared of their black holes.

I'm wondering if all black hole systems are the same way, in that you can hyper into that system from at least the four corner, and maybe the sides, without worrying about immediately being swallowed up by a black hole.

For example, Galactic Center has 9 holes, and the Tyus Cluster has 5. Would it be safe to visit those systems, and know for certain that there won't be a black hole at the entrance points?

I'm, uh, asking for a friend. (;8,)

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

try it out.... ;)

jesbDYa.jpg

Fights like Hurricane, Killing, Ecstasy, Insane.
There are no systems with black holes at an entry point.

Galactic Center's, I know, are pretty evenly spaced around the center of the system and not at all close to the edges.

Thanks for the answer, Mikel.

On a similar note: are there any as-yet undiscovered systems with black holes?

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Yeah back when I was making the new systems with blackholes I made sure that there were none at the entrance (heck none on the outside edges at all) and there was at least 1 non-grav well covered square to allow you to exit.

As for hidden systems, I don't know but I presume the answer would be possibly.

Ellias_sig6.png
Anything new that we've added as new systems in the last few years is not a guaranteed death trap, so there won't be black holes on entry points.

We do add new systems with black holes if the source materials say they should have them, however whether any out there yet to be found have them is secrets.

\
Thanks for the answers, Elias and Arjuna. Just hearing:

Anything new that we've added as new systems in the last few years is not a guaranteed death trap, so there won't be black holes on entry points. 

...Makes me feel a lot safer hypering through uncharted territory.