Year

Day

Time

06:03:28

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 17 Day 61 11:06
Tal Dorn

This topic maybe taboo, but what the hell I thought I would try.

Is the Datacard draft ever going to happen? I know it was only "Legacy" factions that were supposed to be allowed to participate, but it seems that there are a lot of old CP or lost tech entities that were supposed to be part of the draft and now are just sitting again.

But we get a release of new Generics that were not even to be part of the draft...

These relics (old DCs) were supposed to be part of the draft, so why not have them released before those not even discussed in the DC Draft release? I know the I-beam was supposed to be part of the draft and the CAVw PX-10 was lost tech when a faction dissolved - I am sure I missed others.

This is a partial list of proposed draftable entities all of which were old CPs. I know I missed a lot of items vehicles and droids, but.... Hammerhead was not even a proposed draft item?

Belarus Medium Carrier
Belarus Medium Cruiser
Y-Head Corvette
Bayonet Light Cruiser
Class VI Bulk Freighter
YT-1210
YT-1760
Gozanti Cruiser
Starlight Freighter
HWK-290
Dynamic Freighter
Horizon Star Yacht
Kom'rk Transport
Y-Wing BTL-A4 Longprobe
A-24 Sleuth
Ginivex Starfighter
Reconnaissance Troop Transport

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 17 Day 61 13:31
I'm fairly certain the idea of the datacard draft was abandoned.

Year 17 Day 62 2:25
That's a shame.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 17 Day 62 2:49
Ethan Travis

Reconnaissance Troop Transport seems generic enough to be a datacard :P

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
Year 17 Day 63 3:57
Tal Dorn

I'm fairly certain the idea of the Datacard draft was abandoned.

- Mikel von Bianchi

Then all the more reason to release old CPs or lost tech that was suggested as draft entity DCs.

I am assuming that Legacy Factions still have the option to lose that status and purchase Generics or do they have the option to just purchase from the Generic Pool without losing their Legacy (existing DC) status now?

Variety is the spice of life they say...

- Jesfa

Edited By: Tal Dorn on Year 17 Day 63 4:18

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 17 Day 63 8:36
Ka`rla Leakey

Legacy factions, ie those with restricted datacards, cannot buy generics at all.

Year 17 Day 63 9:07
The draft was essentially DDoS'ed (it's a metaphor, calm down techies) by a vocal minority; go back to the posts and complain to them. Any fixes that come from us will take time as we balance our decisions with the state of the game as a whole.

If it were to happen again, thankfully, we now have the staffing to rebuff any social consequences that may pop up. Last time, only Selatos was truly active among the Admin Staff and only I was truly active among the ASim Staff. As Selatos is seen as the better listener among us, he was inundated with complaints.

As far as generic DCs are concerned: we are not taking any suggestions at this time.

May your path be swift, and your pockets heavy:
Signatures.png

6kXRT.png
Year 17 Day 63 19:02
I believe a number of government leaders collaborated to come up with a system for the drafting that would of been fair for everyone (and removed the monopolies for the non-faction specific entities such as the MTC but not things like the ISD/SSD).

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 17 Day 65 4:52
The old factions/governments that had the monopoly on DCs basically were afraid to lose any and got it shutdown as you see today they are happy still have monopolies on the good dcs that are on your list above but we get generics that can have 10 or more owners and somehow that is supposed to be fair/equal to 1-2 owner monopolies ? That's the story so far ....

RIP CHESTER
20986784_135808347028949_4302612595484917760_n.jpg
Year 17 Day 65 14:39
Tal Dorn

Chester, the list in my first post are old DCs and or lost tech nobody has DCs of. They were supposed to be added to the draft, which is my point of if some old DC/lost tech entities are going to be added to the Generic Pool, why add something that was never even discussed (not knocking the Hammerhead)? Why not, since the draft is being scrapped, add the draft list items that were DC/lost tech entities?

The older governments/factions should have a monopoly, or exclusiveness, to some tech. But there are common items out there that should be available to all, or a knock off brand should be available to all like; stun cuffs, macro-binoculars, grappling hook, some sort of sensor pack, etc.

However, I am certain R&D is intended to rectify this.... We just need to see if R&D comes out soon enough to "balance" some common item/entity monopolies.

Hey, all in all, after playing this game for so many years, these past three to four have been the most progressive/aggressive in game development I've seen. Kudos and thanks to all involved.

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 17 Day 65 18:34
Jesfa

Tal, the listed ones are all previous CP ships, not-unowned ones. Not saying anything one way or another, but all the "unowned" dcs are already taken or are event ships/cp ships/uniques.

Belarus Medium Carrier
Belarus Medium Cruiser
Y-Head Corvette
Bayonet Light Cruiser
Class VI Bulk Freighter
YT-1210
YT-1760
Gozanti Cruiser
Starlight Freighter
HWK-290
Dynamic Freighter
Horizon Star Yacht
Kom'rk Transport
Y-Wing BTL-A4 Longprobe
A-24 Sleuth
Ginivex Starfighter
Reconnaissance Troop Transport 

I added the other generics, since we scrapped the old stuff and just chose based on stuff that was interesting for RP options/not too strong, and a lot of those are fairly strong. Hammerhead is stronger, but it hurt my OCD to see the Aurek there without it. Otherwise safe bets basically; and there's nothing saying there wont be more added later on.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 17 Day 66 6:40
Tal Dorn

Jesfa, I was referencing the release of the CAVw PX-10 into the Generic Pool which was listed for the draft and was lost tech - Ukabliss (sp) or some other vehicle production had the DC and dissolved. Some items were lost tech, like the Flare and Hostile Environment Tent - Holoprojector and others.

I'm old and my memory does not serve me well.

All I am saying is that - Why not release the Draft Entities into the Generic Pool if the draft is not going to happen now?

There are a plethora of decent DCs that were going to be gobbled up by Legacy Factions that can now be released into the Generic Pool. After all; "Variety is the spice of life they say...".

The system of member slots and purchasing mechanism for Generic DCs will add...variety.

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 17 Day 67 6:08
I am just waiting to see the Theta, ARC, Nimbus, and Eta-2 finally enter the production line. Especially the first three, as admin-only event ships is a really dumb thing to keep perpetually. Bring on the old tech!

Year 17 Day 67 7:45
By that logic... Mando Armour, and we know that's not going to happen.

Year 17 Day 67 13:46
Adding more Clone Wars-era weapons (and vehicles) to the game and generic pool would also greatly expand what's offered (beyond the current pool of mostly ships).