261 are online

Year

Day

Time

09:50:30

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 17 Day 90 8:33
I have a couple of questions concerning multi-account registration and I would be grateful for some advice.

1. I normally use my own wifi, but sometimes connect via a public network near my place of work (at least I did before it occurred to me that this might be a problem). While I don't know of anyone here using the latter for SWC, as it's a public system I cannot rule out the possibility that someone else might (either now or later)...so is it possible/desirable to register the IP just in case?

2. I'm trying to persuade a friend of mine to join up and since I occasionally use his home connection, there would be a need to register as a multi-account. Before anything is decided, I'd like to check whether there would be any limits on our in-game interaction. For example, is it acceptable for me to let his character have access to my ship(s), provided no assets or credits are transferred between us?

Many thanks for your help!

Year 17 Day 90 9:57
1. Not really possible, but also isn't an issue. SWC isn't that large, and it's usually pretty obvious if something is a public connection or if people using it know each other. It's extremely unlikely someone else is using the connection at all.

2. No limitations. You can even transfer credits or assets between each other (provided they aren't being transferred to one account while the other drops to create a new character and has them transferred back, but that's a general game rule and not a multi-account specific rule).

swcforumsig

Year 17 Day 90 10:45
Thanks, Syn!

You can even transfer credits or assets between each other (provided they aren't being transferred to one account while the other drops to create a new character and has them transferred back, but that's a general game rule and not a multi-account specific rule). 

Okay. I'm just a little wary of doing anything that might be misinterpreted as suspicious and land us both with a ban...