188 are online

Year

Day

Time

22:28:30

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » How can I view where my items are?
I recently procured various items. However, I cannot seem to find where my items are. It shows the ship that the items are in, but I do not own or manage these ships. How can I find these items? Shouldn't they have some sort of tracker?

Dan

Exanthium Kerensky

You should be able to sort by Sector - System - Planet - City ... in order to get an idea of where they are at that time.

/></div></body></html>
Lexor Gregain

You can't see the location of items if you don't own the container they're in.

Argh... yes. That is the problem. They are aboard the: Escape Pod 3po 2 (#367129) and the: Horizon Star Yacht Dancing Queen (#275738). How do I go about tracking down their owners?

Lexor Gregain

You post that information in the Trader's Lounge, hope somebody knows who owns them, and then contact owner for possible location and access.

You should be able to sort by Sector - System - Planet - City ... in order to get an idea of where they are at that time. 

Do not do this. If it still works, it is a bug. As Lexor mentioned, the intention of the feature is for you to only be able to see the location of the "thing" and any container its in, so long as you have access to the container it is in.

E.G.s Item on yourself -> You can see where it is.
Item in a backpack on yourself or an NPC you own -> You can see up to the container the NPC is in.
Item in a backpack on an NPC you own on a Ship you don't -> You can see up to the ShipName & ID.
Item in a backpack on an NPC you own in a City you don't own -> You can see coordinates, because it's Out in the open.