Time

16:23:54

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Questions - many subjects
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Year 17 Day 110 12:41
I assembled a squad and sent it on patrol to hunt a herd of Kaadu.

How does patrol work?

Is there a way to get an activity report from the squad?

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 114 6:05

p6mNL3w.png

R%60Kayvyss_Qoukiir_Citizen.png
Year 17 Day 110 12:54
Naomi Felian

Your squad won't hunt that herd. Patrol is just that they travel between the points you set and gather xp by walking, nothing more.

Edited By: Naomi Felian on Year 17 Day 110 13:07
Year 17 Day 110 13:10
I see. I read somewhere someone said the squad would fire at an enemy that's within range. Well, that's good to know. Thanks.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 110 15:00
Venari Haliat

That is Guard.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 110 16:03
Guard, got it. Thanks.

How does it work? Does the squad fire once or repeatedly? If repeatedly, how often? or.. how long is the guard fire delay if any?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 110 18:39
Venari Haliat

The NPCS are sent to Guard, they fire when enemies are in range, Fire delay lasts for 30 minutes, as far as I know it only works on Beta worlds.

- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 110 19:18
Thanks for your answer. Could I assume that Gand is not a beta world and thus it doesn't work there?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 110 19:46
Lexor Gregain

Patrol also works. And no, only in Derra and Serroco.

Year 17 Day 110 20:10
Venari Haliat

*Combat Beta worlds, derp.

- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 114 16:00
What is the formula the game uses to calculate whether or not a ship can dock inside another ship's docking bay?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 114 16:29
Naomi Felian

Simple:

-Does the ship have a docking bay/hangar?
-Does the ship have enough remaining capacity (in case something is docked already) to hold the volume and weight of the docking entity?

Edited By: Naomi Felian on Year 17 Day 114 16:29
Year 17 Day 114 16:35
I had already thought so, but wanted to be sure. Thank you.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 114 16:42
Naomi Felian

For further information about docking you can look here:

http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Docking

It lists all the requirements and what restrictions are present etc.

Edited By: Naomi Felian on Year 17 Day 114 16:47
Year 17 Day 116 8:18
About Gands. Canon states there are two varieties; one with lungs (those who breath) and one lungless (who doesn't breath). What's SWC canon, however, may be different depending on development plans and current state of implementation. What are the current rules about character breathing?

I see all my NPCs, even the non-Gand, can "breath" Gand planet's atmosphere, which consists of ammonia, without problems. I have had no problem with my character either and I tend to be forgetful of his "need" to wear a breathing mask. Judging solely on what I have already experienced by playing the game's mechanics, there is no restriction. That's the motivation for asking.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 116 8:41
Currebntly there are no breathing restrictions for specific species that I have been aware of - all races will take the same damage if in a toxic atmosphere regardless of species. It might change in the future, buit for now your wearing a breather mask or not is purely RP. You could also RP wearing one while still having other headgear on, as it does not harm anything in assuming you wear one.

Year 17 Day 116 10:06
Thanks for your reply.
all races will take the same damage if in a toxic atmosphere regardless of species

- Jevon Lambright

The only way your comment quoted above makes sense is to code a different formula for determining whether or not an atmosphere is either breathable or toxic in a species to species manner. Planet Gand's atmosphere is breathable for Gands, but toxic for humans. Coruscant's atmosphere is breathable for humans, but toxic for Gands. That makes sense. Is this what you meant?

Year 17 Day 116 15:41
Crispin Sygnus

I thin he means planets that are Hot/Toxic, Cold/Toxic, etc.

Link

7f3qE0x.png

E1cxoOb.png

Year 17 Day 116 16:51
Yes, I understand that. I refer to cases like Gands vs Humans for example. Planet Gand would be hot toxic for humans, but not for Gands since planet Gand is Gand's homeworld. I mean, planet atmospheres that are toxic for oxygen breathers may be breathable for Gands. The issue is what is toxic and what is not for each particular species.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 116 17:00
Lexor Gregain

all races will take the same damage if in a toxic atmosphere regardless of species 

i.e. also Gands take environmental damage on planet Gand.
Note: NPCs do not currently take enviro damage.

Year 17 Day 116 17:53
Cait Catra

If your argument is "that doesn't make sense from a Canon perspective", many "realistic" things have to be sacrificed to the gods of workable coding. Best bet is to find a good RP way to explain it all away. That's my go-to when things don't mesh up, anyway.

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9