Time

18:57:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Questions - many subjects
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Year 17 Day 116 17:54
What's the rationale? Gands take environmental damage in their own homeworld. I'm amazed.

p6mNL3w.png

R%60Kayvyss_Qoukiir_Citizen.png
Year 17 Day 116 17:57
In my case, I disregard it. But then, I'm one of those players who's here for the RP, and the gameplay is just an added bonus on the side. Considering how environmental damage is so minor that you can basically ignore it, I don't think anybody'll throw a fit if you just handwave it and say Gand can breathe on Gand.

Year 17 Day 116 18:13
I don't know the plans of the developers. Maybe I'll digest it as nonsensical as it is. However, I can think new Gands will have to be spawned wearing breathing masks if they spawn in their homeworld, or they'll have a hard time in their very first minutes of existence on SWC. The actual RP truth that's canon is that planet Gand is Gand's homeworld. They presumably evolved there. Right now I'm having a hard time digesting that.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 116 18:19
Fritjof Blom

Environmental damage is a joke. You regenerate faster than you take damage if I remember right.

Relevant video
Year 17 Day 116 18:22
I guess the whole issue has to do with how complex the game's code already is. Maybe the developers are avoiding making it more complex than how they deem necessary. I've been trying very hard to make my character as accurate as possible to Gand's "standards". Getting the news that Gand's homeworld atmosphere is toxic for them just tends to break it for me.

EDIT: So I'll need to either digest the news, or stop playing. If after a few days I'm still playing, that means I digested it without "food poisoning".

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 116 18:25

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 116 19:37
Lexor Gregain

From an RP perspective, the Gand do not take enviro damage on their own homeworld. It's just something silly in the game engine, that can be easily ignored. Frankly, if you manage to get hung up on something this trivial, you're in for rough ride my friend.

Year 17 Day 116 19:57
I admittedly am picky on some things. I can predict that from this point, I'll no longer take my RP as seriously as it have been. This could mean I'll continue to play the game mechanics until boredom and then abandon it after a while. I'd prefer for it to never be implemented if it will be implemented thus.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 116 20:56
Cait Catra

Can't you breathe on cities either way?

Year 17 Day 117 2:26
The idea was that races would not take any atmo damage on their homeworlds - they would count as having the required survival suit protection for their homeworld's atmosphere. So it if it hot/toxic you would count as having protection from hot planets and toxic planets.

There are a few races listed in the environmental damage section at the bottom as an example of those that might have protection. Unless they removed that section of the rules.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 17 Day 117 4:46
Cait is correct. Since all new players initially spawn within a city, there are no problems as characters inside a city do not take environmental damage. it is only on natural terrain squares where environmental damage can occur.

EDIT: ALSO

It seems there is something in the rukles about this. It has been so long since I looked at the page that I had forgotten about it until Ellias mentioned it.

Some races have special characteristics that protect them in certain environments and harm them in others.

Gand & Kel Dor
May breathe without the aid of protective items on planets with a toxic atmosphere. Require a Breathing Mask when on planets with an oxygen rich atmosphere.

Important
Loss of HP for Gand & Kel Dor on oxygen rich planets has not yet been implemented.

Givin
Can survive without the aid of protective items on planets with no atmosphere.

Edited By: Jevon Lambright on Year 17 Day 117 4:50
Year 17 Day 117 7:14
I have committed a sin that many times I have avoided; that of not reading the rules. That said, taking what I have read around the forums, it seemed to me that the rules were written long ago and they may not reflect current plans or implementation. So I, without explicitly making the choice, went forward to just ask without reading the rules.

Anyway, I more or less have had gotten over the problem. The catch phrase is "more or less". If Gands were to get environmental damage for breathing on Gand, they would effectively be oxygen breathers. That'd break some RP habits I was intending to make; namely wearing a breathing mask on oxygen rich atmospheres and taking it off in Gand and maybe other toxic worlds. That'd also require to come up with something to explain why planet Gand's atmosphere was currently toxic while Gands were oxygen breathers; maybe Gand got heavily polluted sometime in the long past.

I'm glad, however, that the fact that canon Gands were ammonia breathers is written in the rules. So that settled, let's move on.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 117 9:24
The Heavy Projectile Weapons rule page features the "partially implemented" icon on all its weapons. Is this still so? To what extent have they been implemented?

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 117 9:24

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 117 9:30
Naomi Felian

You can shoot with them, do damage but they are intended to be used against facilities, so your damage against NPCs/Creatures/Bandits/PCs etc. is reduced.

Also the Implementation icon is not really that up to date for some of the stuff

Year 17 Day 117 9:37
Thank you for your answer!

EDIT:
your damage against NPCs/Creatures/Bandits/PCs etc. is reduced

- Naomi Felian

Is the reduction formula known? What it is?

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 117 9:53

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 117 10:03
Naomi Felian

http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Ground_Combat#Damage_Types

Year 17 Day 117 14:24
Judging by what I have already read on the subject, I just got incredibly lucky. I was hunting a herd of Falumpaset, and they dropped a mysterious egg. I'm studying how to hatch it, but I have questions about the creature it will spawn. Will it count as an additional NPC? Will it take the space of another passenger inside my ship? Since it counts as a huge creature, maybe the space of two or three? Or rather will it count as something else?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 117 16:29
One creature equals one passenger, just like npcs in function.

swcforumsig

Year 17 Day 117 16:34
May I correctly guess that I cannot mount it as whether it were a vehicle?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 117 16:45
Thali`a N`ightshade

You do guess correctly.

photo ThalJDnew_zps74605fe0.png
Year 17 Day 117 17:11
Thank you very much for your replies. I get fast replies. This forum is very helpful. Good job!

p6mNL3w.png

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9