Time

07:48:45

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Questions - many subjects
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Year 17 Day 118 7:18
I already hatched my egg, so now I have a brand new level 1 Falumpaset. Now I want to level it up. I tried to add it to a squad, but the game doesn't recognize it as an NPC, so it refuses. How may I level it up?

p6mNL3w.png

R%60Kayvyss_Qoukiir_Citizen.png
Year 17 Day 118 7:33
Naomi Felian

Answers are here:

http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Parties

http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Squads

So please read over the rules first and maybe even search through the forum before just asking to have others do it for you. Creatures can only be added to your party and not to a squad.

Year 17 Day 118 12:00
Lexor Gregain

You can create a new squad with the creauture, but cannot add it to an existing one (bug).

Year 17 Day 118 16:48
Thank you Lexor. That was helpful! I successfully created a squad with the Falumpaset included.

EDIT: Since it's a bug, I should ask whether including a creature in a squad was the intended behavior or whether it was disallowing it. In the case where we're not supposed to create a squad including creatures, I must ask whether or not it's okay to do so.

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 118 16:56

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 118 19:43
As far as I know it is not bug. I think tho that creatures can only be in squads with other creatures, not in a squad with NPC's. Just like ships cannot be in a squad with a vehicle. I have always squadded my creatures together to have them patrol and level up.

Year 17 Day 118 20:28
My squad was patrolling and I saw my Falumpaset is gaining experience, so bug or not, something seems to work.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 119 1:23
They can be squadded with NPCs. They function just like NPCs in that regard except that they take up varying amounts of party slots.

swcforumsig

Year 17 Day 119 4:38
Thank you Syn! So the rules page on squads seems to be outdated.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 125 0:42
That's possible. There are a lot of rules and devs are constantly developing new features (and updating rules). On the whole, most of us say 'develop the game, update rules later.' Which, there's always announcements on sim news when new features are implemented.

If you notice rules are out of date you feel are important, there's a 'Rules Updates' subforum in the Message Centre forum below the suggestions.

I'm talking all that jazz
Year 17 Day 140 15:53
Are the Riot Shields still not implemented?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 140 16:24
(( http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Ground_Combat#Equipment ))

Still not implemented, as stated by red "X" on the armor page: (( http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Armour ))

Year 17 Day 140 22:42
None of the shields are currently implemented, as far as adding to the armor of the PC or NPC they're equipped to.

There's an easy way to test this: on your Travel or Scanning or Party page(s), there is a number beneath the Weight and Volume amounts: your Armour total. Add a shield of any kind to either Primary or Secondary slots, and you'll see that your Armour totals don't change.

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Year 17 Day 141 10:09
Thank you Belloq Tull for your suggestion. It takes already having the needed item to do that test. Fortunately, I have a few that a friend gave to me. It seems that shield cannot be properly equipped. It can just be stowed inside a container.

Dail Llwybr Gwaed,
Just a little anecdotal thing. I have a T7 Series Astromech droid. According to the droids page, that droid is still unimplemented. Despite of that, I place it at the cockpit of my ship, get out of it and board a docked ship. This used to stop the ship from moving. With the T7 at the cockpit, it continues moving. So it is at least partially implemented. The red X is outdated. So I don't trust those little read Xs.

Year 17 Day 141 12:41
All asttomechs do that ;)

'dail-signature-1'/
Year 17 Day 141 14:03
If that's so, then all of them are at least partially implemented. The many red Xs on that page are outdated.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 141 14:32
The red Xs are changed manually. So it just means nobody has updated the page

Year 17 Day 143 13:22
Aside from some conversation, what a pilot NPC currently does?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 143 13:34
nothing at all

Year 17 Day 145 6:15
Thank you, Jevon.

What is the use of the NPC's Medical Treatment skill?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 145 6:51
None at the moment, except for in Cybernetic Operations, and even then only if the NPC is a Medic.

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9