Time

04:09:37

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Questions - many subjects
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Year 17 Day 171 6:23
^ And Custom Item (and Droid) scripting is in the works, so never fear.

In the meantime, practice scripting with the modules and your custom NPCs.

I think Brawlers aren't out of the question. It's on my list to script, albeit down a bit on the list. I'm not sure about literally having them hang out with you in Hyper on your ship as a method of XP-whoring.

Year 17 Day 171 7:06
Your request for the custom item: Dejarik Board custom items has been declined by Jevon Lambright for the following reason: dirty pixels, fix that. 
I feared this could happen. I downloaded Paint.net just to do that. Never have done that kind of work before. So now more questions. What are "dirty pixels" and how can I fix it? Is there a guide somewhere teaching how to do image work for the Combine?

p6mNL3w.png

R%60Kayvyss_Qoukiir_Citizen.png
Year 17 Day 171 7:21
Naomi Felian

How about you google "basics of image editing"? There is no tutorial how to make customs for Combine as there is no need for that

Year 17 Day 171 7:49
There is a relevant tutorial in the Art Forum, Naomi.
Detecting and cleaning Angry Pixels(Photoshop and Gimp Methods)

Year 17 Day 171 8:19
Thali`a N`ightshade

He meant for that to be a custom item, Ellias.

- Gregain

I meant that too. Rushed answer at stupid o'clock in which I should have added the "custom item" part.

photo ThalJDnew_zps74605fe0.png
Year 17 Day 172 8:02
Thanks Jevon, for approving my Dejarik Board. Apparently, Paint.net is not a good choice due to lack of guides/tutorials/documentation. Next time, if it ever happens, I'll download Gimp.

Scripting custom items like a dejarik board is an interesting feature. Unlike cleaning "dirty pixels", I've done programming in the past (not with Lisp) and I know I can do it. It's a matter of finding the time and the motivation to learn.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 176 12:37
While reading throughout the rules for facilities, ships, vehicles, etc, I see all those numbers given within the list of raw materials used for construction. What unit of measurement is used for those numbers?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 176 13:13
It's simply a (volumetric) unit of the RMs, which is generally defined as a cubic meter.

Year 17 Day 176 13:57
Thanks Mikel.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 181 14:21
Hello again. I have a question about skills. I'm under the impression that five is the maximum we can reach on any skill. However, I've been thinking on the race bonuses. Gands get a bonus point on perception for example. Until now, I had thought that this is just one point given at the beginning and nothing more, but I'm now wondering whether the bonus also apply to the maximum skill level, in which case, Gands would have a maximum of 6 on perception. What's true about maximum skill levels? Is the maximum the same for all the races? Or the bonuses increment the maximum?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 181 15:00
Lexor Gregain

5 max

Year 17 Day 181 19:01
Thanks Lexor.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 181 20:37
The skill bonuses allow you to get more free skill points at the beginning to spend on other similar skills.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 17 Day 183 23:05
5 is the maximum for all skills and all races

Year 17 Day 188 10:48
Thank you for your responses.

Are all Heavy Projectile weapons intended for facility combat?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 188 11:04
Yeah, pretty much. 3.3 Ground Combat Damage Types

Explosive and Ionic are 10% damage against NPCs & Droids and Droids Only (ionic doesn't damage NPCs/PCs), and 100% damage against Facilities.

Energy HWs are sort of hybrid, doing 30% damage to NPCs/Droids and only 50% to facilities.

Year 17 Day 188 18:09
The following was posted on another thread:
Micro jumps have a danger of dropping you into a planet or star when done in/over a populated system. 
I guess this refers to this. The guide article on Microjumping doesn't tell about dangers. What dangers could we risk when microjumping?

Year 17 Day 188 18:18
Venari Haliat

From what I am aware of there is little danger to no danger in microjumping in the way the Guide states.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 188 19:14
The only thing that will cause damage is aborting hyper travel in a location that happens to be a system. Normally this is incredibly rare with an even smaller chance of you actually hitting something and dying (based on the number of planets in the system). The only time it could really happen is if you abort too soon after starting (so you're still in the system you started in).

Year 17 Day 256 9:39
About the feature of repackaging items and droids, how is the resulting package's weight and volume calculated?

p6mNL3w.png

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9