20:27:52

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Questions - many subjects
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Year 17 Day 266 16:52
Lexor Gregain

I just meant, in the cockpit it shows your passengers.

Year 17 Day 266 16:54
Okay.

EDIT:

Does anyone know the answer to my last questions?

$The TT-8L Sentry?
main.jpg

How does it work? Could it notify me while being on a different location? E.G. Droid is at the entrance, I am in another ship.

In the cockpit there is a tab labelled 'Events'. Details of anyone entering or exiting the ship are shown there. If there is an event for someone entering but not exiting, it's a good bet they are still on board. 
But I have to be in the same ship as the intruder, right?

- $$special

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 267 12:56
Year 17 Day 267 13:22
The sentry droid will notify you no matter how far away you are. Distance has no bearing on it. You can be across the galaxy. Put it in the room, activate it and make sure you are set as Cmdr cause that is who it notifies.

Year 17 Day 267 13:40
Thank you Jay. :)

Does it notify by generating a General Event?

p6mNL3w.png

R%60Kayvyss_Qoukiir_Citizen.png
Year 17 Day 267 14:40
Year 17 Day 267 14:45
Thank you very much everyone! :D

EDIT:
I want to ask about another scenario. Let's say, I purchased an item and go to pick it up on deep space with a YT-2000. That ship has a passenger limit of 5, so I go with PC and 4 NPCs. I crewlist the seller so that he could load the item to my ship. Theoretically, he cannot board my ship since it's full. However, can he load the items into my ship with the "Move Items: Load Entity" feature given those circumstances?

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 267 16:44

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 267 17:00
Raidan Spike

Yes, that would work as intended given that the cargo does not exceed the remaining weight/volume capacity of the ship.

Edited By: Raidan Spike on Year 17 Day 267 17:01

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Year 17 Day 267 17:10
Lexor Gregain

I believe the seller would then get the external "Kick passenger" button upon trying to board your ship, so he could still enter and you or one of your NPCs would be kicked onto whatever the seller is boarding from. It is however a rule violation for the seller to arrest anyone who is kicked off is such a manner.

Year 17 Day 268 2:36
Per the sentry Droid, it actually gives you a combat event, not general.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 17 Day 268 6:05
"I believe the seller would then get the external "Kick passenger" button upon trying to board your ship"

Pretty sure that's only for PILOT or higher. Tested on Dev a moment ago, and albeit there was a "Dev-Issue" error with actually Loading the crate of items, the attempt to board did not provide a button option to "Kick Passenger"

Considering 8/Kicking off Passengers starts with "Pilots of entities..." I would not expect a crewlisted person to be able to kick off entities.

@Elias is right, my mistake. Combat Events for Owner, unless it's a Faction, in which case it shows up in Faction Events.

Year 17 Day 268 7:11
Tested on Dev a moment ago, and albeit there was a "Dev-Issue" error with actually Loading the crate of items, the attempt to board did not provide a button option to "Kick Passenger" 
Would that "Dev-Issue" error also show to the player? Or is this solely a Dev-related thing?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 268 8:04
Yeah it's a bug only on Dev, typically because of the coders are working on something and not having fully committed all the necessary changes.

Year 17 Day 268 10:24
Thank you everyone. I now have a better idea on how to protect myself during a trade. I guess the safest way to trade is choosing reputable, well respected traders to trade with, but we never know ... Better safe than sorry.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 269 18:20
Just out of curiosity. Is there somewhere a list of the quests being implemented? I only know about the lightsabers quest.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 270 4:46
No list at the moment

Year 17 Day 270 6:15
Various quests get discussed at one point or another. IMO the most likely to eventually see the light of day are Tutorial Quests, some sort of NPC Brawler tour, and the Unique Places visit-n-get-souvenir type (of which the B`omarr Monestary was part).

Year 17 Day 317 14:05
Up to date, I have hunted on four worlds:
1. Gand (Hot/toxic)
2. Skeebo (Temperate/breathable)
3. Togoria (Temperate/breathable)

... and just recently
4. Kiffu (Hot/breathable)

On 1, 2, and 3 I have gotten no damage. So I was under the impression that there was no environmental damage implemented for Gands. However, I got 5% damage on Kiffu, equal to any other oxygen breather. Simkin Dragoneel tells me this was because of the "hot" part, not the oxygen part. However, Gand is also hot, so it's safe to assume there is more going on here. I can only guess this goes on pairs; temperature/ox-tox. I can safely assume then that Gands currently doesn't get damage on hot/toxic, or temperate/breathable. Seems it'd be a trial/error affair unless someone tells exactly what damages are currently implemented for Gands. Does anybody know? What is implemented for Gands?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 317 14:35
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

Per the rules: Loss of HP for Gand & Kel Dor on oxygen rich planets has not yet been implemented.

Nowhere does the rules page say that Gand and Kel Dor are immune to Hot atmospheres. Atmospheric composition != atmospheric temperature. As well, your own list says you didn't take damage on Skeebo and Tegoria, both of which are Breathable (thus oxygenated) atmospheres, showing that you aren't taking damage due to oxygen.

Like stated in the previous topic, I'm not sure you understand how exactly environmental damage works. If you didn't take damage on a hot/toxic, it has nothing to do with the toxic part. Even though Gand and Kel Dor have toxic breathing, that doesn't exempt them from the hot environment. It just means they don't/shouldn't need a breathing mask on that planet, thus freeing up 1 equipment slot. The reverse happens on Breathable planets for the Gand and Kel Dor (when the functionality is actually implemented). They'll need a breathing mask on those planets. You either weren't outside (and by outside I mean not in any facilities, vehicles, ships, environmental tents (if those even work) or what have you) at 22:00 CGT OR you were wearing thermal gear. If neither of those were the case, it's possible that your experience was a bug. However, I'd suggest flying back to Gand, hopping out and seeing if you take damage at 22:00.

Edit: see mikel's post below. Gand do have an immunity specifically to Hot/Toxic

Edited By: Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss on Year 17 Day 318 12:01

TriNebulon News: Y18 D30 - ???
Voted worst art team member of Y19
ulrike_r
Year 17 Day 317 17:18
If neither of those were the case, it's possible that your experience was a bug. 
This could actually make sense. For months I just fired my last round, closed my computer and went to sleep every single day; to find my character 100% healthy next morning; no environmental damage even after spending hours, and passing the 22:00 mark out in the open. No need to take a long trip from Kiffu to Gand just to do exactly the same thing I did dozens of times. If nothing has been implemented in the environment arena within the last 2 or 3 months, results will be the same.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 317 20:01
Lexor Gregain

May I ask, did you always hunt alone, or did you sometimes hunt with a party? I admit, I don't fully understand your situation, but I know from experience that a lot of idiosyncracies (or bugs) in the Combine have to do with stuff inside stuff. I call it the Russian Doll Syndrome.

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9