Time

10:41:37

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Questions - many subjects
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Year 17 Day 317 20:53
By the time the clock hits 22:00, I almost always am with a full party, and a ship at the same location. PC wears a robe, battle armour, tactical helmet, belt, multi-sensor, backpack, and weapons. Each party member wears battle armour, tactical helmet, and weapons. The ship is usually a Sprint, although a YV-666 brings identical results. A backup squad usually accompanies me too. I don't remember having hunted alone on Gand, maybe never.

p6mNL3w.png

R%60Kayvyss_Qoukiir_Citizen.png
Year 17 Day 318 5:41
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

Hrm. Very interesting. It's not possible you started using a heal stick or other healing item prior to environmental damage is it? You might have just fully healed yourself immediately after taking the damage on gand and that's why you never noticed the damage or events firing.

TriNebulon News: Y18 D30 - Y19 D170 RIP :(
Voted worst art team member of Y19
ulrike_r
Year 17 Day 318 7:48
You might have just fully healed yourself immediately after taking the damage on gand and that's why you never noticed the damage or events firing. 
If that's to happen, would an event report the damage? I don't remember having read such events on Gand even though I check them almost constantly. However, the damage report on Kiffu just felt like something I was reading for the very first time.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 318 8:10
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

It would, but it sounds like it's been a very long time since you were on gand. You possibly saw the heal event above the damage event and just sort of overlooked the damage event. That's most likely what happened :p even if you didn't heal, I think you might have just overlooked the environmental damage or maybe thought the damage you had taken was due to combat. It sounds like you had been hunting at the time, so that's also a very plausible situation.

TriNebulon News: Y18 D30 - Y19 D170 RIP :(
Voted worst art team member of Y19
ulrike_r
Year 17 Day 318 9:21
The order of operations for environment damage and daily healing is 1) damage and 2) healing, so you might have not seen the damage event and healed more than you were damaged (especially since hot/breathable is 5% damage and you heal 10% per day).

Year 17 Day 318 10:54
it sounds like it's been a very long time since you were on gand 
If two or three months is a long time, then yes. Actually, I have spent most of my Combine time on Gand. It amounts to months hunting there.

The order of operations for environment damage and daily healing is 1) damage and 2) healing, so you might have not seen the damage event and healed more than you were damaged (especially since hot/breathable is 5% damage and you heal 10% per day). 
If the PC healing immediately after damage cancels the environmental damage event message and it's not displayed displayed, then that explains it. If it doesn't prevent the message from been displayed, then it's highly unlikely that I missed it for so long. Actually, extremely unlikely.

This merits another question; why the 10% healing after the 5% damage didn't happen on Kiffu?

However, I'm now curious about this subject. Next time I'm on Gand, I'll do some tests. That's not going to happen anytime soon however. I'll go to Shadola for my next force test, and that's on Skeebo. I guesstimate still a few months left for that. Then I'll stop by Gand.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 318 11:17
Gand (planet) is Hot/Toxic, and Gand (species) are immune to Hot/Toxic atmosphere effects.

Edit: Immunities:
Hot/Toxic - Gand, Kel Dor
Cold/Toxic - Gand, Kel Dor
Cold/No Atmosphere - Givin
Hot/No Atmosphere - Givin

Edited By: Mikel von Bianchi on Year 17 Day 318 11:18
Year 17 Day 318 12:08
Thanks Mikel. So I was right on my assumptions and I was being led to believe Gands took damage in hot environments regardless of oxygen/toxic status.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 323 13:28
I found an old topic that apparently dates back from the time when creatures were introduced. It mentions some interesting features that supposedly were planned; creatures that spawned in facilities/ships (pests) and creatures that only can be found on their homeworlds (could make for interesting hunter's quests/safaries to hunt them). Are there still intentions to implement them in the future?

Year 17 Day 323 13:39
Taming was replaced with egg drops. Pests are not planned as far as I know and I can't imagine we'd introduce random creature spawning in entities. Homeworlds might need some tweaking, we haven't really thought to update that code in a while as it works pretty well. Not sure we want to restrict spawning to homeworlds, but maybe, like NPC race hiring, giving a higher spawn chance on those worlds.

Year 17 Day 323 15:58
Okay, thanks.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 348 11:36
If I were to use the Nav Comp to estimate the hyperspace time of the NPC transport, what pilot skills should I use? Five?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 348 15:46
I am fairly sure the NPC Transport uses a pilot skill of zero or one.

You can test it yourself since the NPC Transport lists the amount of time required to reach another location. Select the same coordinates and play with the pilot skills until you have the exact same time.

You will want to add four hours to the travel time given by the navigation computer for the additional time required to move from the ground to space on both planets. Add another one or two hours as well for the required sublight travel for the transport to move outside of gravity wells and from hyperspace exit to the planet you are travelling to.

Year 17 Day 349 6:20
Not correct. You'd also have to take sublight-travel into consideration for leaving gravity well and getting from the jump-point to the planet at your destination.

You can get Close to it but you won't get the exact number.

Year 17 Day 350 21:13
Ruben Wan

To help you a bit, I can tell you the following:
- I can travel from Rodia (276 , -245) City: Starport (6, 4) to the Galactic Museum in 2H 9M 36 seconds. Two hours to ascend, and 9M 36s to sublight to the station at 50 MGLT (the same speed as the Star Shuttle 3000) and a Pilot Skill of 5;
- the Star Shuttle from the Galactic Museum to Rodia (276 , -245) City: Starport (6, 4) takes 5 hours.

The game dynamics are the same for ascending (2 hours). Therefore the big difference is in the sublight travel of 1 (one) square. It seems that the NPC Pilot takes 3 hours to move 1 square in sublight, at 50 MGLT.

Ruben Wan
KuTBv1W.png

Year 18 Day 16 21:33
A question about a little detail on SWC roleplay. Is the Holocron supposed to be accessible to the characters? Or is it solely accessible to the players? Is it an IC or OOC source of information?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 18 Day 17 3:02
Raidan Spike

It is a source of IC information as stated here: http://holocron.swcombine.com/wiki/Community_portal#SWC_and_Official_Canon

As it is written IC, I think this information is available to characters. I would tend to RP it as information that is available via the holonet (similar to the internet/Wikipedia OOC). It contains a lot of correct information but not all of it is accurate.

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Year 18 Day 17 8:11
Thanks.

p6mNL3w.png

Year 18 Day 17 10:13
This question is asked more out of curiosity.
For those who flaunt the law - we have a nice 2 x 2 meters cell for you.

- Prison (5x5) rules page

The description suggests there are individual cells inside the prison rooms where a prisoner can be locked into. Is this how a prison works?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 18 Day 17 11:05
Prison Rule Page

Owners of facilities can describe rooms however they like, and install doors as they wish. Cells could be made in any entity, really.

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9