Time

16:46:35

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » "I've a knife attached onto my MG-15."
Normally, I would put this idea on the following suggestion forum post:
http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=69123&page=0

However, I've few questions to ask before posting the idea in order to know the coding difficulty of certain entity. Well, I read the description of AXM-50 in Rules => Projectile Weapons. It has the stats as following (I'll only post partially):
Details:
Damage Type: Energy (P)
Firepower: 9
Maximum Hits: 5
Minimum Damage: 3
Maximum Damage: 7
Minimum Range: 3
Maximum Range: 5

I was searching in Google for the AXM-50, and then found the description of the weapon in Wookieepedia:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Model_AXM-50_%E2%80%9CBlast_and_Smash%E2%80%9D

It turned out that AXM-50 has a grenade launcher as secondary weapon. So, I tried to make concept in notepad, making a single weapon with two damage types. The stats/details are as follow:
Details:
Weapon Set Type: Primary
Damage Type: Energy (P)
Firepower: 9
Minimum Damage: 3
Maximum Damage: 7
Minimum Range: 3
Maximum Range: 5

Weapon Set Type: Secondary
Damage Type: Explosive (P)
Firepower: 8
Minimum Damage: 10
Maximum Damage: 20
Minimum Range: 1
Maximum Range: 3

The questions:
1. When the R&D is released, is it possible to make a weapon with two or more damage types as mentioned above?
2. If yes, is it possible to code these?
3. If yes, like the AXM-50's case, will the R&Ded AXM-50 replace the existing AXM-50 as Generic, or instead will be added into Rules as new PW entity (AXM-50 B&S)?

The AXM-50 with grenade launcher kinda reminds me of RL M14A Colt assault rifle with 20mm grenade launcher attached under the bore/muzzle. Well, not only that. Like the title says, there is a possibility that I can use the knife attached on my MG-15 (as they are both in Primary Slot) without switching to Secondary/Belt/Back Slot-equipped knife when engaging in close combat. I also ever played a game (Killzone 1), using an assault rifle with a secondary weapon that acts as shotgun (Helghast assault rifle).

Edit: I remembered that Ezra in Star Wars Rebellion has one weapon with two functions: lightsaber and catapult/slingershot.

Edited By: Axpo Gyromex on Year 17 Day 152 8:06

UTa2b1r.png

1zp5fy8.png
There are no R&D rules yet.

swcforumsig