252 are online

Year

Day

Time

05:16:41

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 17 Day 186 18:04
Ok so the west part of the galaxy map how and when will that be filled in and also will it be at all similar to what the Force Awakens is like?

Year 17 Day 186 18:08
Venari Haliat

The west part is not filled in just as it is in Star Wars, it is called the unknown regions for a reason.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 187 6:29
Ethan Travis

But who knows , maybe with Episode VIII rolling off the assembly line, we could see more systems, like that one where Luke was hanging out with his pet rock collection.

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
Year 17 Day 187 8:49
Arc, look here:

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/star-wars-galaxy-map.jpg

This is the canon map before the Disneyfication, so its the map we will likely be sticking with (why would we need to be purely'new canon', no fun there.) As you can see theres tons of empty space, I do not know if there are any plans to fill it out.

Year 17 Day 187 18:01
Can you travel in that region or build a station there?

Year 17 Day 187 18:05
Yes to both

swcforumsig

Year 17 Day 187 23:32
Because something can or is done in Darkness does not mean it is done in RP, however, despite what many seem to belief. For instance, hyperspace in Darkness is a 'warp' function similar to Star Trek, whereas in reality people travel along widely established hyperspace lanes. Scouting the galaxy is extremely slow and extremely dangerous. We're talking a process of years just to find one new system, and that's at the fastest.

The Western part of the Galaxy has always been known as the 'Unknown Regions', a place of myth and danger that nobody in their right mind ever went into. It's just kind of a staple of the Star Wars setting. I don't see us exploring it to any meaningful degree anytime soon.

Year 17 Day 187 23:39
Venari Haliat

Wasn't there some kind of Galactic Barrier in SW canon?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 188 0:02
And I quote:

"Some hypotheses over the hyperspace turbulence in the Unknown Regions claimed that it was created to serve as a barrier between the Celestials and the upstart Rakata. Despite the Celestials' efforts, the Rakata broke through the barrier and waged a war of extermination upon them."

- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial

It's not really known if the 'barrier' was intentional or the result of some form of accident, but yes, this barrier made it nigh-impossible to travel properly in western space. This, in addition to the inherent difficulties in scouting out new space, essentially meant there was no progress on that front since nobody in their right mind did it.

Year 17 Day 188 8:02
Ethan Travis

Well ships are leaving for Unknown Regions, so there are advanced civilizations.

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
Year 17 Day 201 20:01
Tholme Terik

I don't think it was a barrier that stopped people. It was highly unpredictable and not charted, so the danger of Hypering through there was extreme. I elieve Outbound Flight followed a previously scouted path that was deemed safe.

mystats.php?uid=c11026
Year 17 Day 204 1:01
Would be an awesome place for us to find a planet.

Ever Light Transportation

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg