174 are online

Year

Day

Time

02:37:59

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » NPC Skill Point Application No Longer Generates Events?
It used to be that applying skill points to NPCs that you own would generate a General Event notice. But after having applied points to over a dozen NPCs just now, I've received no event notice.

I was getting notices as recently as a week ago. Has their been a change, or did something happen during yesterday's downtime to remove those notices?

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

I just assigned one of my NPC a skill and got a notification for it.

May be a weird bug that only effects some people?

public-sig.png
Lexor Gregain

Do you own the NPCs, Belloq, or are they faction property?

They are personally owned, lock stock and two smoking barrels.

I added skill points to an entire squad, 12 different NPCs, an average of 8 to 10 points per NPC. No notification.

I am still receiving updates of NPCs who reach new levels, so it isn't like all of my NPC notifications are missing.

$10 says it's cause they're squadded.

Either way, Bug report, if nothing else it'll get subsumed into that giant Squad-Issues report.

1 Year 17 Day 293, 4:12 You have upgraded Issan Crescent's Dodge skill to 4 for 3 points. 

Just got this report. Both this one and the other point increases were for NPCs in squads. Don't know why I got an Event for this one and not the others, although this NPC was in my personal squad, and the others were in someone else's personal squad.

It seems to be working fine now:

1 Year 17 Day 294, 19:42 You have upgraded Kriel Chinelo's Dexterity skill to 4 for 3 points.
2 Year 17 Day 294, 19:42 You have upgraded Kriel Chinelo's Dexterity skill to 3 for 2 points.
3 Year 17 Day 294, 19:41 You have upgraded Nils Dragoon's Dexterity skill to 4 for 3 points.
4 Year 17 Day 294, 19:41 You have upgraded Nils Dragoon's Dexterity skill to 3 for 2 points. 

Whatever bump in the road caused the lack of reports, seems to be fixed now.

I finally figured out what's happening: only the Manager of an NPC gets the General Event for an NPC's skill point increases, not the Owner.

Here's the log from Bobby Boudreaux, who I bought an NPC from:

Year 17 Day 305, 21:43: Message from Bobby Boudreaux
Belloq Tull has upgraded Rale Swift's Strength skill to 2 for 1 point, and subsequently his/her HP has increased to 115 (+30 HP).
2 Year 17 Day 305, 20:57 Belloq Tull has upgraded Rale Swift's Dodge skill to 3 for 2 points.
3 Year 17 Day 305, 20:57 Belloq Tull has upgraded Rale Swift's Perception skill to 4 for 3 points.
4 Year 17 Day 305, 20:56 Belloq Tull has upgraded Rale Swift's Stealth skill to 4 for 3 points.
5 Year 17 Day 305, 20:55 Belloq Tull has upgraded Rale Swift's Stealth skill to 3 for 2 points.  

I left him as Manager, in part to see what would happen when I increased the NPC's skills. And yes, he got the Event, not me.

So...yeah.

So.... bug report.

Bug report submitted

http://bugs.swcombine.com/view.php?id=4175

I will go ahead and file a report, but I'm not so sure that it's not working the way it's intended.

Are NPC owners supposed to get an event ffrom applying skill points, or just the Managers?

Why would that be the intended functionality? I'm fairly certain owners should know when someone changes their NPC's skills.

I could see that the assigned Manager might have more direct control, like a doctor at a hospital who treats a wounded child, when the Parents (the "owners," so to speak) have no idea where they're at.

Or it may have been set up this way so as not to flood factions with thousands of skill point updates, just those who are actually doing the updates.

I'm not saying it needs to be changed. I just wanted to determine what privs allowed you to observe the assignments.