161 are online

Year

Day

Time

03:08:02

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 17 Day 304 20:14
once I add a custom image to an item, can that Item be repackaged into a crate and retain its image?

Year 17 Day 304 20:16
Exanthium Kerensky

From what I have recently experienced ... as soon as you repackage a custom item, it loses its custom and reverts back to the basic image.

/></div></body></html>
Year 17 Day 304 20:17
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

No. The entity is removed from the database once packaged in a crate and the custom isn't associated to the crate. This leads to the entity getting a new ID and all that kerfuffle. The only time customs get associated to crates is when they come off of the production line itself, so it'd have to be a faction applied custom.

Edited By: Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss on Year 17 Day 304 20:18

TriNebulon News: Y18 D30 - ???
Voted worst art team member of Y19
ulrike_r
Year 17 Day 304 20:40
Thanks everyone!

Year 17 Day 305 1:10
Exanthium Kerensky

Well thank you for that Ulrike.

The only problem I have with your statement is that I bought faction produced custom items from another faction and when I unpacked a crate and then repacked them ... they lost the bought custom when they were opened again.

So if they do not lose their link to the custom as you stated since they were faction customs that I bought as they were from someone ... then why did mine lose their custom images?

/></div></body></html>
Year 17 Day 305 4:52
Well thank you for that Ulrike.

The only problem I have with your statement is that I bought faction produced custom items from another faction and when I unpacked a crate and then repacked them ... they lost the bought custom when they were opened again.

So if they do not lose their link to the custom as you stated since they were faction customs that I bought as they were from someone ... then why did mine lose their custom images?

- Exanthium Kerensky

Quite simple, really.

1. This is a crate with custom-imaged tactical helmets. It's crate ID is 1234
2. You unpack the crate. All tactical helmets came from crate ID 1234 so they have the custom image
3. You repack the tactical helmets. Crate ID is 9876
4. You unpack the crate ID 9876. Tactical helmets don't have the custom image

Does that sound more logical?

Year 17 Day 305 7:14
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

It's only the initial crate of produced entities that have the image applied once unpacked. After that, if they're recrated, it acts the same as any other entity. The items are removed from the database and no custom is associated to the crate. When it comes to the initial crate, the production system itself references the custom to the crate which in turn transfers the custom to the entities themselves once they're created in the database (after unpacking).

TriNebulon News: Y18 D30 - ???
Voted worst art team member of Y19
ulrike_r