Year

Day

Time

10:00:07

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Question about the In Character History forum
I have a question about the rules that govern the In Character History forum. I've been under the impression that the forum is intended to flesh out the past history of our characters, and that posting a diary-like account of our characters' adventures was forbidden. I've not been feeling very inclined towards those detailed novel-like posts that govern this kind of forum. I've been wanting to post brief diary-styled summaries. I have been posting them within the "What did you do this week?" thread instead. However, someone pointed me to the "In Character History" forum. Is that forum the right place to post that?

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 312 10:37

p6mNL3w.png

R%60Kayvyss_Qoukiir_Citizen.png
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

The rules of that forum clearly state it is meant for pre swc history of your character. If you'd like to keep a log, I'd suggest keeping it on your local computer and then every few weeks or so cutting it down into a paragraph or two and adding it in to your holocron entry (link to holocron is at the top on the nav menu). However, the other place you're posting your logs to didn't ever explicitly state that it wasn't meant for ic logging so I wouldn't really worry about it unless it was a moderator of the forum telling you to not post it there.

Edited By: Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss on Year 17 Day 312 13:06

TriNebulon News: Y18 D30 - ???
Voted worst art team member of Y19
ulrike_r
However, the other place you're posting your logs to didn't ever explicitly state that it wasn't meant for ic logging so I wouldn't really worry about it unless it was a moderator of the forum telling you to not post it there 
It wasn't a moderator. It was another player's suggestion. Thank you for your reply.

EDIT:
After reading the rules of that other place, the rules say:
This is an OOC (Out Of Character) discussion forum 
which makes me think the thread itself falls in a gray area. It's a thread for IC weekly summaries in an OOC forum. But the thread is a long standing one without apparent moderation problems. So I have no clue as to how to proceed.

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 312 13:34
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

Continue posting in there is my suggestion. If the moderators felt it needed shut down, they would have done it when it was first posted. It's not so much meant to be an IC weekly log in an OOC forum, though. It's more meant to be a weekly OOC log of IC actions in an OOC forum. I don't think it being worded as IC really changes that nature of it.

TriNebulon News: Y18 D30 - ???
Voted worst art team member of Y19
ulrike_r
Okay. I'll do that. Thanks.

p6mNL3w.png

R%60Kayvyss_Qoukiir_Citizen.png
Or if you see something you question or have a question about the IC History Forum, ask me.

Typically such threads haven't been allowed. I've considered allowing journals in the past.

Shoot me a DM with what you have in mind and I'll consider allowing it as a trial.