178 are online

Year

Day

Time

22:06:18

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 17 Day 354 2:40
What is the reason manufacturing factions cannot produce uglies?
While manufacturing factions can produce medical ships...

.. so the faction-type is not the issue.

14yagk3.jpg
Buy now your Limited Edition J-Type 327!
Commerce Forum
Year 17 Day 354 6:13
Uglies are meant to be the result of scrapping ships and essentially kitbashing them together. By that note, it makes more sense for recycling factions to produce them, as they would logically be the people cleaning up after the battles and have the parts to make them. Uglies are not made from scratch like medical ships, and all the others. hence the distinction.

Year 17 Day 354 10:24
I understand, thank you Jevon.

14yagk3.jpg
Commerce Forum
Year 17 Day 354 17:12
Shall this in the future also reflect like I can take the wings from a N1 Starfighter, cockpit from a Sleuth, and sublight-engines from an I-Beam? Because right now I build from scratch a beautiful ugly made of ore that was in the soil of a planet a week ago. ;p

14yagk3.jpg
Commerce Forum
Year 17 Day 354 17:38
Another subject about manufacturing that is not shown in the rules about custom DC images.

Once a custom DC image is accepted, do all factions with the particular DC have access to the custom?

14yagk3.jpg
Commerce Forum
Year 17 Day 355 4:32
In the future R&D will allow for any number of random uglies.

DC customs are faction specific, so only your faction has acces to that image.

Year 17 Day 355 7:36
It is unclear from the Dev Plans available whether the manufacturing process will ever be added-to in order to use Ships (or wrecks of ships) instead of RMs in the manufacturing process for uglies. My guess is no, that's not planned, but it's a fun idea.