177 are online

Year

Day

Time

03:06:07

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 18 Day 7 16:58
So trying to make a post with a table and for some reason it adds two scrolls worth of nothing to the post before actually getting to the table.

I know the code is right since if I save it as a .html document everything loads without issue.

Any help on if something needs to be added before it to make it so that people do not need to scroll a ton before seeing the table would be helpful.

And yes, I did try inserting breaks into the post before the table but still no luck

public-sig.png
Year 18 Day 7 18:14
The HTML table code will work right if you remove all line breaks from your code so it reads as a single line.

Sierra Null Designs
Year 18 Day 7 18:25
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

This has to do with the way we store and handle line breaks. Basically all line breaks are converted to an HTML br tag. If you throw br between trs and tds, you'll notice that they will render the same way ours do. It throws them all at the top of the table. As Sierra suggested, strip out all of the breaks. My suggestion is keep your local copy of the table correctly formatted so it's easier to maintain, then google for a new line stripper.

TriNebulon News: Y18 D30 - ???
Voted worst art team member of Y19
ulrike_r
Year 18 Day 7 20:48
Tried removing all the breaks and still have to scroll twice before seeing the table. I should have put in that I only put in the breaks after it started the issue without breaks since it was suggested in IRC

Here is a copy of the post I was trying to make for reference, I removed all the tags as per suggestion

Year 18 Day 7 21:08
Lexor Gregain

You have tons of line breaks in there. Put it all on one line.

Year 18 Day 8 9:14
I didn't even think that the breaks inside the table would effect the spacing outside the table.

Thanks Lexor, that fixed the issue.

public-sig.png
Year 18 Day 8 9:19
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

I just explained to you why it does... It has to do with us swapping line breaks with br tags. Br tags get rendered at the top or the table if it's above a td or tr, as I explicitly stated.

ulrike_r
Year 18 Day 8 9:34
I didn't have any break tags inside the table though which is why I did not think of it.

I had spaces since I put each new row and data entry on a new line to clean it up.

I was staring at it for a minute after reading Lexors post thinking to myself, what breaks is he talking about before it hit me.

It is fixed though, user error.

Thanks everyone for the help

public-sig.png
Year 18 Day 9 10:40
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

I also explained how the breaks got in there :p it's the way the forum processes new lines :p

ulrike_r