249 are online

Year

Day

Time

10:41:19

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 18 Day 66 9:48
I just read an old'ish forum post that mentioned that Shields no longer lock you into a planet...only out. Is that true?

Here's where I saw that:
http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=70096&post=806043#post806043

Surprised me a lot. Also, is there any expectation that this will change some time? I know the Rules can and do change frequently and without warning, of course.

Thanks,
TK

Year 18 Day 66 9:55
Cait Catra

I'm not an admin, but I don't think they'll revert back to shields being able to lock players under them anytime soonTM. The feature was abused far more than it was used as intended, and is ripe for further exploitation (griefing and the other myriad forms that pointless harassment breeds), should it be reverted. Additionally, the old feature ended up hurting new players more than any others, and it was (rightly) decided that discouraging new players was in fact a bad idea. So, shields are working as intended in that they keep people out, but cannot any longer be used as planet-sized prisons.

Year 18 Day 66 11:01
Shields now only keep people out.

It was never truly intended that they be used as they were to permanently lock people under them, and I doubt that feature will return. In the unlikely event it does, it would be announced on the Sim News.

Year 18 Day 68 16:21
Thanks as always.

Sincerely,
Thomas Kolbe