Day

Time

13:25:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Repair vs Computer Operations
Year 18 Day 92 5:26
Hello. It is an OOC question. I am about to get level 3, where the skill points can no long be altered. I have set 4 points for Science category. From the Rules, Computer Operations skill is partially implemented and Repair is not yet. I am not sure I should put the 4 points at Computer Operations or Repair. The ability to repair entities looks like more interesting for me. Please let me know some opinions and/or experience. Thank you.

Year 18 Day 92 7:31
CompOps is implemented, it is necessary for prospecting (finding Mining deposits), and generally people won't ask you/employ you to prospect without at 5 in CompOps.

Repair is partially implemented - you can repair hull damage on I think anything not a wreck.

Year 18 Day 92 7:38
Repair skill is also used in recycling.

When they will not see the light, expose them to the heat.

xtcTlR4.png

Year 18 Day 92 7:53
Thanks all. It is actually a useful information that Repair is partially implemented because that, in the Rules, the symbol of Repair is "Not yet implemented".

How important is Repair skill for recycling? How about those four R&D skills in Science category? And, can other people see my skill points distribution?

Year 18 Day 92 8:04
I do not think any player can see your skill point allocation. Maybe Asims and Admins etc.?

Not sure about all the skills and their implementation. I only stated that Repair is good for recycling because the act of repairing and prospecting for that matter, can be done while in any type of factions or freelance.
Recycling has to be done or started while in a Recycling type faction. The importance of Repair skill in Recycling:
4.1/ Modifier

Edited By: Jastan Vul on Year 18 Day 92 8:06

When they will not see the light, expose them to the heat.

xtcTlR4.png

Year 18 Day 92 8:29
The R&D Skills currently have no applicable use. I don't have handy links for the last public discussion of how R&D might work in the future, but that's what their intended use is.

ASIMs and Admins can definitely see your skills. No other player can, although some inferences can be made from events you generate within a faction or from seeing your character in a room.

It is actually a useful information that Repair is partially implemented because that, in the Rules, the symbol of Repair is "Not yet implemented".

- "Ranwynhourne"

True. When you discover something like that, you should head to the Rules Update Forum and make an update request to correct that mistake. I'd do it, but it's good practice for you to get involved, and a lot of the time Rulespage inaccuracies are discovered by players learning the game anyway so you'll need to know how.

Year 18 Day 92 8:55
When you discover something like that, you should head to the Rules Update Forum and make an update request to correct that mistake. I'd do it, but it's good practice for you to get involved, and a lot of the time Rulespage inaccuracies are discovered by players learning the game anyway so you'll need to know how.

- Kay Dallben

This time, leave it to you. I will do it after being more familiar with the game.

Thank you two very much.

Edited By: Ranwynhourne Charlette on Year 18 Day 92 8:57