Year

Day

Time

16:30:32

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 18 Day 125 15:33
Denton Dabbs

So I just killed my first bandit ship, wondering how to claim the wreck? can't find it anywhere.

Year 18 Day 125 15:37
No need to claim them, wrecks can be recycled as long as all the other recycling conditions are met.

Year 18 Day 125 22:25
what did the bandit ship look like or what model of ship was it?

Year 18 Day 125 22:28
Exanthium Kerensky

It would be a nice thing that if after you make a bandit ship into a wreck, as long as you have a bigger ship properly equipped, that you could tractor it into the bay and move it to a location where you get it recycled.

In my mind this would make more sense ... otherwise you will need to have a member of a recycling faction with you at all times with the needed assets in order to take advantage of the situation when it presents itself.

/></div></body></html>
Year 18 Day 126 5:31
If you own the wreck and are assigned to it or the wreck is NPC-owned you can tractor it and carry it off someplace else for repair. Most ships with tractor beams, it should be noted, will take damage if they're in an asteroid field for long.

Keep in mind, though, that wrecks can be recycled regardless of owner, so scavengers with access to recycling gear can "claim" a wreck by starting recycling on it if they come across it before you have a ship with tractor beams able to swoop in.

Year 18 Day 126 6:58
Excuse the hijack of the topic, but are wrecks considered a separate type of entity? I mean if tractored into a ship, does the ship have to have a Docking Bay, or just enough volume/weight capacity?

When they will not see the light, expose them to the heat.

xtcTlR4.png

Year 18 Day 126 7:59
No, wrecks are technically considered the type of entity that they used to be, just tagged in the code as a wreck.

Year 18 Day 132 7:18
Seeking clarification before suggesting an updated text to the recycling rules.

Excuse the hijack of the topic, but are wrecks considered a separate type of entity? I mean if tractored into a ship, does the ship have to have a Docking Bay, or just enough volume/weight capacity?

- Jastan Vul

No, wrecks are technically considered the type of entity that they used to be, just tagged in the code as a wreck.

- Mikel von Bianchi

Economy: Recycling , 6/ Moving Wrecks
Moving wrecks is simple: they can easily be docked and undocked like any other ship or vehicle. For those that don't have a hangar or docking bay, then a tractor beam and sufficient capacity is enough to dock a wreck inside your transport ship. 

So ether a Docking Bay, for ships, and or a Hangar Bay, for vehicles is or is not needed?

Edited By: Jastan Vul on Year 18 Day 132 15:33

xtcTlR4.png

Year 18 Day 133 4:44
A docking bay is required for moving ship wrecks
A hangar bay is required for moving vehicle wrecks.

The recycling rules refer to a previous iteration of recycling where wrecks were more generic and the line you cite could refer to a piece of a larger wreck rather than the full wreck itself.

Year 18 Day 133 4:55
So a rules update suggestion is in order?

xtcTlR4.png

Year 18 Day 133 6:43
Actually I believe the rules are correct; you can tractor a wreck into a ship without a docking bay as long as you have tractor beams and the necessary cargo capacity.

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 18 Day 134 6:41
Looking at the code:

If a ship wreck, a docking bay is needed in addition to tractor beams and cargo capacity
If a vehicle wreck, a hangar bay is needed in addition to tractor beams and cargo capacity
If a station wreck only tractor beams and cargo capacity are needed

Year 18 Day 134 8:46
Lexor Gregain

Can confirm that you don't need a docking bay. I've been tractoring wrecks with my Action VI.

Year 18 Day 134 18:05
If it's a wreck it doesn't need docking/hangar bay regardless of type (override on TractorBeamUtil line 39)

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 18 Day 136 15:10
Sylvin Macflint

Good call Lexor; spot on.. Thought my Horizon @<100m would work, but doesn't.
Although as Mikel mentioned at 130m the Action will take damage if exposed at the top of the hour, but less agonizing than using a MTC..