233 are online

Year

Day

Time

19:15:04

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 18 Day 144 9:05
I don't know if I read it at right place. I see in Rules -> Marketplace -> 3/ Selling to the Market, "Price when buying from the market = (Base Price + Owner Fee + Market Fee) x Condition + Distance + Debt Fee".

"Price when buying from the market" is how much you bid. Owner Fee is 5% of your-bid, Market Fee is 20% of your-bid provided you are level 0 at trading skill.

Say a non-facility bid to avoid Debt Fee factor, Distance is 50,000 credits, Condition is 100%, and your-bid is 5,000,000.

So, Base Price + Owner Fee + Market Fee + Distance = your-bid.
=> Base Price + 5% * 5,000,000 + 20% * 5,000,000 + 50,000 = 5,000,000.
Solve it, Base price = 3,700,000.

Is this calculating correct? Is this Base price how much the seller would actually receive finally? Is this Base price used to judge which bidder will win the bidding?

Thanks.

Year 18 Day 144 10:43
Assets that are being sold on the market are owned by the server, they are not owned by players. Players can sell assets to the NPC market, but it isn't very cost effective to do so.

When you buy an asset from the NPC market, the credits are removed. The server just deletes the credits, they don't go anywhere. A small portion of the credits gets paid in taxes back to other players.

The NPC market is really only used as a clearinghouse for assets that are lost due to character death or faction dissolution.

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 18 Day 144 11:27
Thanks for telling. It is no reason not to get some buys in this way. It still makes sense to know how bidding winner is determined.

Year 18 Day 144 13:08
Winning bidder is the person who bid the most; its really that simple.

Year 18 Day 144 13:53
Thanks. So, what is role of trading skill in making deal with NPC Market?

Year 18 Day 144 15:28
Trading skill plays no part in purchases from the NPC market:
- When you bid on something that is under auction, it plays no part.
- When the auction period is over and something has not sold, purchasing it at its base price, trading skill plays no part.

Trading skill plays a part when you sell an item to the NPC market:
- See: http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Marketplace#Selling_to_the_Market
- Trading skill slightly increases the price the market will pay for your items.

Note! That selling assets to the NPC market is very poor value for money. The market is really just a place for the server to resell assets of players and factions that have died/dissolved.

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 18 Day 144 23:33
It's clear now, and selling assets to real PC. Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks much.

Edited By: Ranwynhourne Charlette on Year 18 Day 144 23:36
Year 18 Day 145 1:27
So, when or where is that formulae, "Price when buying from the market = (Base Price + Owner Fee + Market Fee) x Condition + Distance + Debt Fee", used?