Year

Day

Time

22:11:31

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 18 Day 218 21:00
Ric`zix Xichiz

Back to work hunting critters and ruffians, but something I've noticed is different. I've seen them for sale, talked about, and even stuck on my poor victims- Lightsaber parts!

So, what are they good for?
Are they materials needed for new force peeps to make glowsticks or just "trophy" items that bandits are carrying?

Stolen Item Ticker : 1,592
Year 18 Day 218 21:44
The former. They are (will be? Not sure if it's been fully activated) required to construct flashlights.

Year 18 Day 219 7:29
Not yet activated. In progress. For Non-Force-Aware people, you can hold on to them in the hopes you'll proc Force-Aware at some point, or you can sell them while people are still paying high prices for them.

Year 18 Day 219 9:06
Ric`zix Xichiz

Thank you for the answers I sought. But I have a follow up question-

When the ability to construct them is enabled, will the method appear on the Rules page, or will it be a super sekrit force thing? I'm curious as to how many parts make up a lightsaber. Gotta loot em all!

Year 18 Day 219 10:01
All the parts are listed under Technology > Items > Lightsaber Parts and except for the Focusing Crystal all parts can be acquired through bandit drops.

Year 18 Day 219 10:21
Ric`zix Xichiz

/facepalm

I was looking so intently in various categories that I didn't see that there was an entire category dedicated to it.

Thanks again, everyone.

Year 18 Day 219 14:36
"When the ability to construct them is enabled, will the method appear on the Rules page, or will it be a super sekrit force thing"

There won't be a method posted in the Rules.

To be clear: There will be NO way for a non-FS-aware character to construct a lightsabre.

Year 18 Day 219 14:52
Ric`zix Xichiz

It may be a little soon to ask, perhaps it was thought of already.

It makes complete sense that only force users will be allowed to construct them, it would be a little silly otherwise.

However, is there going to be a restriction on how many can be made by a singular person? I'm apprehensive at the thought of a force user becoming a "lightsaber factory" and handing them out to everyone willing to pay.

Year 18 Day 220 5:24
Mikel said that the quest to receive the parts would be a one time thing - I dont know how many in total. Maybe 2?

Year 18 Day 220 7:14
We are only mildly concerned with force users becoming "lightsabre factories", partly because they're really not that great of a weapon for Combat. We'll deal with it in various ways as part of the process.