Time

12:17:10

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Quick factory/production city design question
Hi All,

I'm looking to build a factory city and I have a few quick questions:

1) can a factory take materials from either a hanger or a warehouse to start production, or do they have to be loaded into the factory? Rules where a little ambiguous for me.

2) noticed that warehouses can store 40k while hangers store 80k.. is the general consensus than to use hangers for storage of raw materials?

Thanks!

Zenon

Factories can take from literally anything in the city, even ships you have parked there.

I think people generally use hangars, yeah.

Perfect, Thank you!

mystats.php?uid=c3946
Victor O`Cuinn

A starport is a much better RM storage option. Its only a a little bigger then a Hangar however you can store almost 3xs the amount of RMs in it.

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png
Dan Hakim

When building a factory city a dry dock is a really useful facility because it holds a lot but doesn't interfere with city design too much, as it can be placed inline with the PGs, allowing you to have 12 factories in the city. A starport, because of its width, will mean that you can't fit as many factories and I think it uses more power too.

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
A starport may demand more room and power, but it can store 2,000,000 units (not tons) compared to the dry dock's 150,000 capacity. It all really depends on how many units of raw materials you plan to store. For reference, 2 million units of just meleenium would be 22 million tons, or 22 full Tabders/Mammoths. Starports are king.

Y19.png
I'm not even force sensitive but try telling that to my three lightsabers!