Year

Day

Time

08:00:19

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Deep Space Stations and Asteroid Fields
So, let's say you built a station is DS, in a system without asteroids. You exit the system. Will there still be a chance of an Asteroid Field spawning?

soluun_afraad_sig.png

Afraad Enterprises
Lexor Gregain

No.

Ric`zix Xichiz

From what I was told, they cannot have a chance to generate an asteroid field for 1 year after the initial "check".

Do Asteroid Fields "despawn"?

After that year.

soluun_afraad_sig.png

Afraad Enterprises
Ric`zix Xichiz

Sorry, I completely spaced the part about building a station.

I assume that unless it is an Asteroid Hideout, you will prevent an Asteroid Field from appearing if you build a different type.

Constant collissions make regular shielding ineffective, and regular stations cannot be built within asteroid fields.

There are some stations which are designed to withstand the harsh environment of asteroid fields, and can be built within asteroid squares:

Asteroid Hideout

- 3/ Stations

I would assume the reverse would also be true, that if you had just an Asteroid Hideout, the chance to spawn an Asteroid Field would still exist. But I could be wrong.

Asteroid hideouts prevent spawning. Any station, and any ship > 100 meters long, prevents spawning.

Assuming someone built a station < 100m long, would it prevent spawning?

soluun_afraad_sig.png

Afraad Enterprises
Every station is longer than 100m, except for the starforge station, which cannot be produced

Umrunoj.gif
Things that prevent spawning:

1) any station
2) any ship > 100 meters

those are exclusive categories