231 are online

Year

Day

Time

17:25:41

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 18 Day 323 14:42
ok, so due to my eye sight - I am blind for those who don't know me - I made a mahussive blunder.. I felw myself into a sun instead of a planet.

This was due to my brand new software not being able to tell the difference and out of my control.

The asims kindly took pity on me and said they would restore me and as many of my assets as they ould. I stopped crying into my beer at that stage and looked on the bright side of life again...

but alas, it has been ages now with no action on my assets, the npc market is literally flooded with them and as the timer is running out, I am in a blind panic, sorry, bad pun, about what, if anything can be done...

I know this was a favour, I appreciated it immensely, but having heard nothing and messages going in answered (they are busy no doubt, I respect that) I am posting here in desperation that some help might be sent my way in time to save my beloved, hard earned assets from dispersing into the galaxy...

I am on my knees......

634Rvzw.jpg250px-ShadowscaleLogo.png
Year 18 Day 323 20:40
The best and only real way to solve this is via a support ticket.

If your assets get sold that all can be reversed (manually), it's not a super huge deal though people who thought they were going to be lucky on the market might be a bit disappointed.

Year 18 Day 324 0:50
thanks you for that, I think I might re-grade my status to "mildly panicked"!!

It is just heart wrenching to see everything on there and I did not think that retracting sales from the market would be an option.

Ticket has been logged since it occurred so I guess I control my worries and await with baited breath!

634Rvzw.jpg250px-ShadowscaleLogo.png
Year 18 Day 328 17:03
Usually there is a red warning that pops up at the top when you try to travel into a sun.

I found a bug where the warning message will not show up if you use the form inputs. Are you using the form inputs to travel, or do you click on the map Logan?

I think this can be improved and have created a bug to improve it. Does your accessibility software handle popup alert/confirm boxes?

Are there any changes you can think of that makes it easier to use the travel page? Could having a select box of destinations be useful to you?

What accessibility software are you using?

Edited By: Clarr Solo on Year 18 Day 328 17:06

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 18 Day 328 18:03
Clarr, the issue is here:
I am blind for those who don't know me - I made a mahussive blunder.. I felw myself into a sun instead of a planet.

This was due to my brand new software not being able to tell the difference and out of my control. 

Which makes me wonder if there's a way to make the site more compatible for that sort of software.

Year 18 Day 329 10:38
Ka`rla Leakey

Maybe prefix star names with a [sun] tag so screen reader software would pick it up?

Year 18 Day 329 16:21
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

That's generally what the "alt" property of img tags is used for. Based off of the rules page, it doesn't look like we fill out the alt property when rendering the map, which means that screen readers might not be able to pick up the images in particularly meaningful ways.

If we can associate some data to the planet images themselves (filling out alt text with something like sun for stars, or the planet name with coordinates for planets), maybe that'd help with screen readers? At the very least it'd mean we're providing some additional information to screen readers.

TriNebulon News: Y18 D30 - Y19 D170 RIP :(
Voted worst art team member of Y19
ulrike_r