Year

Day

Time

02:12:35

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 19 Day 10 14:48
Joca de Jan

I have two questions about last updated. Now terrain and space travel fields for coordinates look to large. Hight is same, but length for those fields is increased, so they do look bit strange, at least to me. Was that by design, or simply came unintended with the rest?

Second question is about this:

"Tweaks: Prospecting action timer now shows up in members menu (Suggestion forum)"

It does not show up anywhere else except on its old place ( under Vehicle Controls > Cockpit ) for me. So, is it bug, or I've misunderstood something?

Year 19 Day 10 16:47
Now terrain and space travel fields for coordinates look to large. Hight is same, but length for those fields is increased, so they do look bit strange, at least to me. Was that by design, or simply came unintended with the rest? 

Not sure what you mean. All the coordinate fields I've looked at seem fine? You'll need to provide a screenshot if you think there's an issue.

It does not show up anywhere else except on its old place ( under Vehicle Controls > Cockpit ) for me 

It was accidentally added to a block of code that only appears on the dev server, so you'll need to wait for the next sync for it to actually appear over there.

Year 19 Day 10 18:53
Joca de Jan

This:

Y3Ok1s3

It is now much longer than it was before, so looks kind of ugly. And thanks for explaining about prospecting timer.

Edited By: Joca de Jan on Year 19 Day 10 18:58
Year 19 Day 11 6:59
Your this shows nothing.

Year 19 Day 11 7:08
Joca de Jan

Right click and view image. In case that you still can't see it, here is link: https://imgur.com/Y3Ok1s3

And here is fixed image itself:

Y3Ok1s3.png

Thanks again Jevon :)

Edited By: Joca de Jan on Year 19 Day 11 13:50
Year 19 Day 11 17:23
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

In chrome the coordinate boxes look fine. What browser are you using?

TriNebulon News: Y18 D30 - ???
Voted worst art team member of Y19
ulrike_r
Year 19 Day 11 20:23
Input boxes for numeric ranges were updated to be input type="number", rather than a selectbox, for various reasons from this bug: http://bugs.swcombine.com/view.php?id=4605 where a player using the old input boxes failed to trigger an important game warning.

If you click on the boxes now on mobile and other browsers it knows it will be numeric, so can give a customised input e.g. a keypad rather than a keyboard.

Year 19 Day 12 1:04
Man I haven't tried hyper yet since the sync but I just hope that was done for hyper travel as well, because those 1000-entry drop down boxes were hilariously dumb, and typing in them didn't actually work properly with the negatives.

swcforumsig

Year 19 Day 12 1:20
Year 19 Day 12 1:36
Beautiful! Best update yet.

swcforumsig

Year 19 Day 12 2:03
Joca de Jan

@Ulrike Both on Firefox on my laptop and on IE on my phone.

@Clarr I understand and greet with happiness death of drop down boxes. It is just that these new boxes look too long /wide to me. You do not need more than four spaces for hyper coordinates.

Edited By: Joca de Jan on Year 19 Day 12 3:03
Year 19 Day 12 6:53
Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss

I don't see any specific widths getting applied to it in the CSS, so chances are it's taking the browser's default width style instead of anything we've applied. I'm assuming that Chrome bases the width of a number input on the total number of values allowed in it (in our case, up to 2 characters), while FireFox/Edge/IE are forcing it to 100% the width of its container. This is different from selects in general because selects take the width of the longest content.

I'm guessing if we applied a width limit to the input boxes, it should get them all equal, but it's not really something that affects functionality.

Edited By: Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss on Year 19 Day 12 6:54

TriNebulon News: Y18 D30 - ???
Voted worst art team member of Y19
ulrike_r
Year 19 Day 12 8:25
Joca de Jan

I'm guessing if we applied a width limit to the input boxes, it should get them all equal, but it's not really something that affects functionality. 

Yes, it is very functional, it just looked bit ugly to me, so I thought that it might be oversight in design.