Day

Time

23:58:38

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 19 Day 67 9:15
Hazsh Viskar

It is far beyond my ability to comprehend. So if we buy more memory will that fix it?

Year 19 Day 67 10:00
Kaidan Morbus

-- A lot of things happen at the same time on the server, when two things conflict, one of them wins and one loses, and the loser ususally sees a "Lock Timeout" or a "Deadlock". Something caused the FI job to "lose", which killed the fincome run. The deadlock occurred during the repossession of a facility, but this isn't really super important. 

Like Hazsh, my comprehension of such matters is limited, but would it be possible to just hit the pause button on everything for a few minutes, run FI, and then resume everything, so that there's no conflict?

Kaidan Morbus
Year 19 Day 67 12:18
So if we buy more memory will that fix it?  

The short answer is no.

would it be possible to just hit the pause button on everything for a few minutes 

That is essentially what we are planning to do by moving all nonessential FI functions to a subsequent job and by staggering jobs so that on a day where it's (end of month) + (end of hour) + (end of minute) it's not running 3 stacks of jobs at once.

Year 19 Day 72 14:44
Was this missed, or was I being ignored?
My Last Question Before This

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 19 Day 72 16:11
We now have the ability to scale FI to any number so presumably the answer is yes.

Year 19 Day 72 19:45
Thanks.

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Page 1 2