Year

Day

Time

02:20:54

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 7 Day 181 6:21
Silthar Lyk

I am trapped inside a "welcome centre", the only visible way out is via a space craft, unless my computer is hiding alternative exits. If it is what do i do? If it isn't must i join a faction if i wish to explore the galaxy?

Year 7 Day 181 7:31
Silthar Lyk

Aha! a front door! Ignore my previous statement, time for me to make my fortune which i hope is possible outside a faction!

Year 7 Day 181 8:52
It's possible... Just really, really, really hard. You'll also be planet bound for a few months.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 7 Day 181 9:34
Silthar Lyk

Yep, i just discovered that i am now planet bound, and i can find no discernible way of getting off the planet, even in a few months time. How can i eventually leave?

Year 7 Day 181 9:39
Christian Rundown

There are a couple of possibility's all boiling down to one point: getting a ship.

You can either be given one by a generous person (bit unlikely, but possible)
Joining a faction, and have one assigned to you
Clicking banners for CP's, or other ways to get CP's, and exchange CP's for a ship

that's about the options you have

Year 7 Day 181 9:41
Your best bet is to join a faction. If you're dead set on being a freelance but don't want to wait for the CPs, you could try paying someone to pick you up and take you elsewhere. there are some individuals and factions that will do that for a reasonable price.

realsigho6ir6.gif
Year 7 Day 181 9:44
The best choice by far is to join a faction now and work towards being freelance later. Check the Positions Vacant forum on the RPG Centre to see which factions are paying the most (although they're not always the best factions) so you can start building up your capital.

Also, joining a faction will get you off the planet reasonably quickly, and should get you assigned to a ship so you can start earning XP.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 7 Day 181 10:36
Silthar Lyk

So summarised, the answer is no, unless i buy thousands of CPs or persuade someone to give me money...anyone? Ok, next task: join a very generous faction.

Thanks for the help, however disheartening.

And goodbye dreams of freelancing, until after i get my hands dirty of course.

Year 7 Day 181 11:14
the combine has always been more focused on factions rather then freelancers. There are some successfull freelancers out there, but not many.

Should also consider how fun it would be to play as a freelancer. Joining a group is the best way to get to know other people and get things to do and so on.

horbanner.gif
Year 7 Day 182 1:08
Zero Turner

if you want to freelance...yeah its best to do so after gaining some credits in a faction...but usually you will make IC (In Combine) friends within those faction(s)

Zero-sig.jpg

Year 7 Day 182 1:12
Actually IC is "In Character", not in Combine. And you can make friends OOC as well. In fact getting involved with a faction can be one of the best ways to start getting to know people, and getting involved in the community around here.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 7 Day 182 12:56
Zero Turner

In Combine In Character....i heard both of them oh well still pans out
Also going on IRC helps make connections and see what faction fits best....many have a public channel

Zero-sig.jpg

Year 7 Day 182 15:38
If IC was In Combine, then OOC would be Out Of Combine = out of the game = could not be occuring on the forums, etc. If the C stands for Character, then you can have an Out Of Character discussion about the game without leaving it. Which makes FAR more sense.

Anyone saying IC = In Combine has just seen the acronym and has made up their own interpretation for it instead of actually asking someone who knows what they're talking about.

Also, IC and OOC are widely used in Sims/RP games everywhere, not just the Combine.

But I'm off topic, so please carry on.