Time

13:44:31

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 7 Day 271 10:56
Dayyn Gorvai
Dayyn Gorvai
Just a few quick questions:

How do you know if you are currently using an item?
Are you able to use items that have been dropped by other players?

Problem:
Whenever I select a weapon, lets say a Staff, I would select "Both Hands" for example, and then press the equip button, however, as the page is refreshing, "an error type: PHP warning..." appears in a quick flash and then the selected item appears on the side under the item button. This happens for every item I currently have; including a trophy, worker coveralls, a knife, and the staff.

As well, when I try to stow the knife in the worker coveralls, it says "You may not access this item". Is this an error or is it because you cannot store items in this specific case?

In the Rules --> Items section, it says that "If you are using an item that requires two hands to use you cannot pick anything up until you have stopped using the item." Could someone explain this? Does it mean you cannot be using more than 1 item at a time?

I've read the items section and it descripes the status of each item.
If I understand correctly, when you see an item in the item section, you are actually USING it? Refer to " 3/ Item Status: on the last bullet point"

Any clarification on these matters are most appreciated.

Year 7 Day 271 15:03
How do you know if you are currently using an item?  

Look at where the item appears under Position -> Items.

swc_items.jpg

Items on the left side are equipped in the specified slot, whereas items on the right side are just present in the room.

Are you able to use items that have been dropped by other players? 

Yes.

Problem:
Whenever I select a weapon, lets say a Staff, I would select "Both Hands" for example, and then press the equip button, however, as the page is refreshing, "an error type: PHP warning..." appears in a quick flash and then the selected item appears on the side under the item button. This happens for every item I currently have; including a trophy, worker coveralls, a knife, and the staff.  

There is currently a bug with items; this may be related to that, so if it does not allow you to equip the item you may need to wait for it to be resolved.

In the Rules --> Items section, it says that "If you are using an item that requires two hands to use you cannot pick anything up until you have stopped using the item." Could someone explain this? 

This means that if you have a two-handed item equipped, like a staff, you can't pick up any items until you drop the staff. If you have a two-handed item in your hands, that may be why you are unable to access that knife you're trying to pick up.

Your last remark should be addressed by the above image. Items can't actually be used for anything yet, so I assume by "using it" you mean "having it equipped."

swcforumsig

Year 7 Day 271 15:20
Dayyn Gorvai
Dayyn Gorvai

There is currently a bug with items; this may be related to that, so if it does not allow you to equip the item you may need to wait for it to be resolved.  

My display does not show the positions of the items as shown in the picture. If I equip a bunch of items, for example, I put on the suit on my chest, and put the knife in my left hand, the items are displayed in a column directly under the items button.

...I'll try to get you a picture of this...

Year 7 Day 271 15:33
Dayyn Gorvai
Dayyn Gorvai
Sorry, had troubles with the pic... this is what I meant.

swcitemscopymt4.jpg

Instead, all the items are aligned in a single column just below the Item button on the top bar. Anyway to fix this problem?

Edited By: Dayyn Gorvai on Year 7 Day 271 16:13