A simple enough question but rather than just asking that one question there are reasons behind asking meaning i really have several smaller questions around that main question.
1) Why have OOF a/e in the first place?
2) Why release a feature that can have a major effect on a character (killing them) when it is not fully complete?
3) Why was OOF a/e ever realeased and allowed? Because i have seen other features suggested and the question posed, but what relevance would this have after combat is released? And since the answer is none then the feature is rejected. And then after seeing features rejected for this i heard the rules team admit that OOF a/e would have no place and no purpose after combat is released. So why is this different to these other features?
These are the words directly from the mouth of cam
“ There will be no A/E after combat. At that point you pull a blaster, put it to their head and pull the trigger.
Because there is no A/E after combat, things such as this that involve A/E but will never be used in combat are rather pointless. ”
(source of quote is from the suggestions forum in the Forced Boarding thread http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=632&page=3)
so why if he admits that things which include A/E but will never be used in combat is A/E even a feature. If people want to kill other people then they should have the patience to wait until the combine is actually complete. Is it not a waste of time trying to make a feature work to everyones liking that will have no place when the combine is complete, would it not be far simpler to remove it and stop people moaning.
2) Because Dreighton thought it would give the GE a huge advantage.
3) Because they added it without the Rules Team even looking over it. No member of the Rules Team supports OOF A/E in its current form.
The majority of the Combine believes that OOF A/E should be removed until it takes stats into account at the very least. The people OOF A/E has hurt the most are new Combine members. Unfortunately, it seems Dreighton and possibly even Veynom refuse to open their eyes and see that OOF A/E only hurts the Combine.