Cybernetics are implanted enhancements that provide negative and positive bonuses to character skills.
These bonuses will never make a character's skills above 5 or below 0.
Cybernetics can be installed and uninstalled pending some restrictions, but you can only have one cybernetic installed at any given time.
In these sections, the term "patient" refers to the character who is
requesting the cybernetic operation.
The term "doctor" refers to the main entity that will be performing the operation.
You can only have one cybernetic installed at a time.
The following things are required to all be true before any install/uninstall cybernetic operation can proceed:
- Patient - The character that is requesting the operation
- Doctor - This must be a Character that is part of a medical faction
- Laser Scalpel - Required to be held by doctor
- Cybernetic - The patient must have the cybernetic that will be installed equipped.
- Hospital - Must be owned by a medical faction and be a hospital facility or a hospital station
- Medical Room - Patient must be in a medical room in the hospital
- Healthy - Patient must be at full health to start.
- Assistants - Only up to 5 are allowed. Can only be a Medic NPC or Medical Type Droid.
The process of performing cybernetic operations takes a few steps. It consists of two steps: the preparation and the operation itself.
The preparation is a simple process that will perform the following steps:
- Kick from Party - Removes the patient from any party they are in.
- Sedate the patient - Turn the patient unconscious for the duration of the operation.
- Remove Equipment - Strips all the equipment the patient is wearing and sets it on the floor.
- Pay the cost - While you are sedated and all your things are on the floor the hospital staff will take the cost of the bill.
The operation procedure is where the doctor and any assistants will actually try to install or uninstall the requested cybernetic.
There are risks involved in the operation and they are listed below:
- Unconscious - The entire duration you will be unconscious and thus vulnerable.
- Theft - Since your equipment is on the floor there is a chance someone can just run away with it.
- Failure - There is a chance that this operation will fail and might have to do it again..
- Revived - After the operation is over you will be revived and have only 1 HP so will be vulnerable for the opportunistic person to take advantage of.
There are a few activities that can interrupt the operation procedure. These activities are listed below along with the concequences of the actions:
- Arrest - Arrest of the Patient or Doctor will immediately abort the operation and revive the patient.
- Death - Death of the patient or the Doctor will immediately abort the operation and revive the patient, unless they are the one that died.
You can determine the cost of the operation by using the below formula:
Cost = Round(((RMC * 10) * (1.5 - (0.5 * (Crime - Morale))) * 1.2) * Skill * pow(Skill, -0.04) + (((RMC * 5) * Taxes) * Skill))
- Doctor Skill (Skill) - Medical Skill of the Doctor + 1.
- Raw Material Cost (RMC) - Raw material cost of the cybernetic.
- Morale - The morale of the location.
- Crime - The crime of the location.
- Taxes - The tax level of the location.
The medical faction that owns the hospital where the operation is occuring will receive 10% of the cost of the operation.
You can determine your chance for success by using the below formula:
Success Chance = round(1 + (Skill * 4.5) + (Bonus / 2.5) + Install * (0.5 * CivilationLevel * 2.2))
- Skill - Medical Treatment Skill of the Doctor.
- Bonus - Combined Medical Treatment Skill of the assistants.
- Install - The difficulty to install a cybernetic, the lower the number the harder it is to install.
- CivilationLevel - The civilation of the location.
The difficulty to install a cybernetic. The lower the number, the harder it is to install or uninstall
A cybernetic operation lasts for 24 hours. This means that while undergoing the patient will be Unconscious for this entire duration.
The doctor that is performing the operation will receive XP, upon the completion of the operation. More XP will be given for a successful operation.
If you fail to install/uninstall a cybernetic implant another test is performed.
This test is to see if you have a critical failure, in which case, there is a 10% chance of rolling a critical failure.
If critical failure was rolled, then the cybernetic implant that you were trying to install/uninstall gets damaged and becomes a faulty cybernetic.
Faulty cybernetics are defective cybernetics that have been fused to the user making it impossible at this time to remove them.
Faulty cybernetics also have negative skill modifiers so installing cybernetics is not without risks.