150 are online

Year

Day

Time

02:25:49

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Doesn't look like a real name??????
Guest/Visitor

hi there!!

i'm greatly discouraged to start playing this game....
after 1 hour trying to get a handle suitable of your criteria, including dozens of names sugested by your name generator, i decided to put in my REAL LIFE NAME ..... and although it was accepted by the register form process, i was completelly p***** off when the admin returns one e-mail telling me that the handle was rejected because it didn't look like a real name ..... WTF????

Operational Administration Core:

Jehan Snyers d'Attenhoven
Kyle Stone
Jonathan Andrew Kuleff
Annette Pohlke
Joseph DiPerla
Keith Moss

are this names better than my REAL LIFE NAME???????

best regards

José God

PT

I would advise trying a different surname, other than God.

swcforumsig

Year 8 Day 157 3:43
Deleted Post
Riax Tardes
Deleted by Togan Jano. Reason: doesn't help
Guest/Visitor

hey m8 i'm talking about my real name.... not an invented name.

as for trying another surname, i have tryed for 1 hour diferent names including loads of names from the name generator you advise to use!!!!!!

i had enough of this .... not going to start anyway... as i am really anoyed and offended with this all situation.... i know this sounds like something else in english but in portuguese it's a normal name ...i am portuguese and i don't make fun of other countries names althou they some times sound like funny.

best regards.... and good luck with your project.

José God

PT

"God" simply sounds like an ego problem, not a last name. Surely you'd see a problem if someone was running around calling himself Jesus (the hispanic version) Christ.

You're also not allowed to use your true name as your Combine handle.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Guest/Visitor

so.... if i canot use my real life name, i can't use my usual gaming names.... and after about 30 mins of trying names created by your name generator..... PLEASE sugest a name for me to try!!!!!

Well... What race are you going to choose? I know, you don't actually pick one until after you're accepted, but deciding BEFORE you need to worry about that may help. Say you're going Falleen. You could be... Xenor Du`tan.

It really depends on what you plan to do. At least in my book.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Riax Tardes
Riax Tardes
People, seriously is it so difficult to get a name that is accepted?

The random name generator suggests names that are unacceptable?

Jeb`el Ras
Jeb`el Ras
God (probably pronounced 'Gode') is indeed a fairly common surname.
411.com surname God

You're also not allowed to use your true name as your Combine handle.  

Can you point out that rule, Wilhelm? Because it certainly isn't in the Character Creation rules.

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
When none cares whether it prevail or not. - Coventry Patmore
Operational Administration Core:

Jehan Snyers d'Attenhoven
Kyle Stone
Jonathan Andrew Kuleff
Annette Pohlke
Joseph DiPerla
Keith Moss  

Those, also, are real life names. Those people have separate Handles they use for the game.

The "rule" about real life names is that people can change their Handle for being too close to their real name, but it isn't a reason on its own to decline a Handle.

As for God being a real surname, that may well be the case, but it is far more likely to be known to the majority of these players only as referring to a deity, and I don't think it makes a good Handle. I don't mean that as any insult to your real life name, Jose, but the Combine deals with many different cultures, and uses English as the language for them all to interact. Therefore it is the English meaning of a word or name that must be considered first (and often only).

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.