245 are online

Year

Day

Time

08:16:03

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Questions about character and skill features. :)
Hello

Im new here and have been approved for a couple a days, but its so hard to pin down where i should spend the skill points. As some of the skills are not yet implemented, how important are they?? I know it might be a while until they are implemented to, so this makes it hard to even get going on the creation of my character.

Say i would like a career in the Navy, then in the long run almost all of the ship skills are important for the career. Space Command, Naval tactics etc... How much should i pay attention to all that? (aka points to put in the skills) I do not wanna mess up the character right of the bat, so any pointers to help me make as few mistakes as i possible.

I would either go into Navy Or Ground Command (Vehicles). which one is needed the most?

Harmony is what we seek, yet chaos is what we find.

We all have ways to go, chose wisely.
When the end comes, we either stand alone or among friends.
Many people will tell you not to assign skill points until you choose a faction and have them help you choose your skills, but I disagree. You see, to me skills represent what a character has done in the past, which wouldn't be dictated by what you're going to do in the future.

My advice? Figure out what your character is all about. Give him a background. What does he like to do? What are his interests? If you tailor your characters skills around what is currently being used the most, then you are setting yourself up for disappointment later when skill uses/descriptions and whatnot are changed.

Also if you create your character the way you want him, you don't have to worry about doing something you don't want to for a career because he's spent soooo many skill points on something he hates! Imagine creating a character that you want to be an assassin, but you make him with severely buffed social skills because that's in demand at the moment (I'm not saying it is, this is just an example), and later down the road, when combat comes out, you have to recreate your character because it's going to take too many skill points to make him how you want.

That's what I did, and I'm currently very happy with my character.

Well, that's my two cents worth. Welcome to the Combine, and enjoy your time here!

Check out my Centrepoint listings!
Roaking Fs
Roaking Fs
I wouldn't worry about the skills that aren't implemented yet. They will be someday. Make him the way you want him to be. That is what I did. I have a bunch of skills that are currently useless, but eventually I'll be able to use them.

Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
As most skill's aren't implemented yet just keep the skill points until things are and you know how they'll work. Especially if your interested in the command skills. Putting them in command skills now will be pointless as you can't use those skills, so you might as well save those points and when you know how things will work decide if you still want to.

Ral.png
Ralgarrch, at character creation you must use all available skill points. After that you can save them, but not a creation.

Check out my Centrepoint listings!
Well Thank you all for the help, got some good tips there. Ill just go the way i want to be, instead of ending up doing jobs i don't like. So thanks again. :)

Harmony is what we seek, yet chaos is what we find.

We all have ways to go, chose wisely.
When the end comes, we either stand alone or among friends.
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
I'm fully aware of that Jame's, unfortunately I was unaware I'd forgotten how to read what people had actually posted and transplanted something entirely different in its place.

The only thing you can do when choosing skills for character creation is read the rules and make your best guess about what you'll need for what you want to do in the future, it is best to join a faction first because they'll be someone experienced who can better guide you towards the (more likely to be) right choices.

Ral.png