177 are online

Year

Day

Time

20:02:08

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Can you become Force Sensitive Yet?
Page 1 2
Cesodevo Avina
Cesodevo Avina
Oh.

Still, even if you are able to train in that specific skill, it doesn't mean you have to.

(Right?)

Time to go to war with the Flame Tigers!
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
If you have an Energy facet of at least 50 you can choose to train the force detection skill, providing you've trained dissapate energy to 50 already. At least according to the publically visible rules everyone can see. < that's a hint by the way. Obviously you don't have to train it if you don't want to.

The rules will be changing but for now I believe those are still relatively accurate unless someone who knows better says otherwise.

Edited By: Ralgarrch on Year 8 Day 343 8:45

Ral.png
So you can randomly be given the skill to test others or you have to put points into it when you level up.

Edited By: Valk Dragonbane on Year 8 Day 343 13:22

\"Moist was more then moist. He was reaching the point where he should be approaching dryness from the other end\"

\"Ill have no killing in my slaughter house!\"
Year 8 Day 343 13:21
Deleted Post
Deleted by Valk Dragonbane. Reason: Double Post
Cesodevo Avina
Cesodevo Avina
You can randomly be given the opportunity to train in the skill of testing others, yes. If you take that opportunity is up to you.

To cut a long story short: Not every force-sensitive person is able to test you.

Edited By: Cesodevo Avina on Year 8 Day 343 13:32

Time to go to war with the Flame Tigers!
Phryss
Phryss
You might try reading the rules, where force skills are explained.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
so by my understanding since a not a huger percent of pepl are FS and this game does not have a lot of members it means that fi there was like 50 FS pepl i am going to guess that mabye 4 of them will get the test skill out of the goodness of their heart right? so basicly if you are FS you wil most likely never find out?

0.o
Isabella D`Este
Isabella D`Este
You are being optimistic.

Hardly 25 of the combine members are FS.

3000 active members at an average of about 3.5%, Isa? There's a few more FS people about than 25. Not to suggest that all of them are aware of it, of course.

For the Testing skill, it's important to note that a Master gets XP for training, so by testing and then training people, a Jedi (in the generic use of the term) can increase his own experience and skills. Therefore, it benefits a Jedi to test, and then train others.

I think you'll find that most of the Jedi who have a sufficient facet level have either trained in the testing skill, or will do so when they meet the prerequisites.

Valk, please read the Force rules currently before asking any more questions, as many of the ones you have already asked would have been answered if you had done so.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Oh ok sorry

\"Moist was more then moist. He was reaching the point where he should be approaching dryness from the other end\"

\"Ill have no killing in my slaughter house!\"
Terak Falcor
Terak Falcor
Isabella D`Este there is alot more force users than that but most dont make them self known or they are inactive

Lucious Maharaja
Lucious Maharaja
So how can I find someone to force test me if there is know one in my faction that is FS...

\"Photobucket\"
Depends on the faction. Obviously New Republic-friendly groups wouldn't be going to ask a Sith to Force test their members. =)

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Lucious Maharaja
Lucious Maharaja
true...I have been in the combine for a month now and it just seems a little unlikely to come across someone by chance. There isn't any one im my faction that can do it. Any helping hints on finding someone?

\"Photobucket\"
Ask if your faction can arrange it. Most FSers only do it that way for security reasons.

*pets his own pet Jedi* They can be useful when they're not being lazy. And when they're sober...

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Hwa Yunhae
Hwa Yunhae
Hmm. So if you're waiting on joining/applying to a faction, in case you happen to be force sensitive, so that you don't have to leave your current faction in order to join the Jedi faction, then you would be out of luck.

Then again, since there IS a Jedi Faction, maybe I should just offer to pay them credits in order to have myself tested for force sensitivity. >.>

Once I know I'm NOT FS, I can look into Medical or Non-governmental factions with fewer worries.

Hmm? You don't need to join a jedi faction to be tested, or to train as a force sensitive. If that is being asked of you by whoever is offering to test you, you can always find someone else.

swcforumsig

Or you could talk to the Jedi faction, find out which factions they are aligned with, and join one of those. Then if you find out you are Force Sensitive and wish to join the Jedi faction, then it's more of a "transfer" than leaving one to join another. Or the Jedi may agree to train you within your existing faction.

But as Syn said, there is no requirement - by the rules or code of SWC - to be in a specific faction to receive Force training. The individual Jedi (or other FS) factions may have their own policies in place, but that's up to them.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Hwa Yunhae
Hwa Yunhae
I talked to the Jedi Faction. If someone is IN a faction, and that faction is not aligned with the Sith, then the faction leader can go here:

http://www.jedi-praxium.org/

click the "force testing" link, and sign up their faction (with the names of those needing testing) for testing. Freelances are not tested by the Jedi Academy....at all.

Looks like I'm out of luck for finding a tester right now. *wanders off to join a medical faction*

Yes, faction leaders are the best source to getting tested since jedi trying to cater to every individual in the game would be incredibly time-consuming. Just join a faction and don't worry too much about becoming force sensitive since you only have like a 5% chance to begin with, and your faction leader will be able to arrange for testing for you.

swcforumsig

"Join a faction" is good advice to give to any member of the game. Factions generally have resources to be able to equip you with what you'll need in this game (assigning a ship, getting you picked up from your starting planet, items, etc). They are often a good source of a person's first friends in the game, and also possibly some of the longest-standing friendships you may have. Factions can also provide you with tasks to do within the game, some of which may be a chore, and sometimes boring, but with the incomplete nature of the game they can give you direction when you might otherwise be struggling to find something to hold your interest. Faction work can also get you experience with portions of the game you would otherwise not have quick access to, and are a good source of knowledge and instruction on how to get ahead in the game, and use the various areas of the often-confusing interface.
Don't look upon joining a faction as a way to get Force-tested, but look at it as getting yourself started in the game. Pick a good faction, and chances are you'll want to stay there as long as you can, regardless of the Force.

That said, there are other ways to get Force tested besides speaking to the Jedi Academy or the Sith, but you have to know the right people. Finding these people without friends and resources is nigh impossible, so joining a faction is a good start to this end anyway.

Page 1 2