Day

Time

01:37:05

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 100 18:54
Nah Olos
Nah Olos
I think I remember seeing something not too long ago in SIM news about a change in the carrying capacity of some of our items for storage. I couldn't find the SIM post (if there even was one), but I was wondering if anyone knew of any changes and bring attention to one change I think should be addressed.

I think I remember a few months ago being able to load up four or five cargo containers onto an anti-grave sled and move them from one ship to another. Now, I can only fit one crate onto the sled and that's it. Weight isn't the issue but the volume dimension of the containers themselves.

Rules, lists the anti-grav sled's volume cap @ 5.0m3, and the cargo container's volume @ 1.0m3. So, according to those numbers, I could potentially put up to five of these on sled right (depending on the weight of the containers)? Well, when I'm looking at the stats now (after I've loaded one crate on) the sled only has room for .5 more of volume.

If it's not something flakey, doesn't this make the anti-grav sled almost useless? Shouldn't something like a sled be able to move at minimum 2 or 3 crates? Hell, I can carry one container on my back and move it from ship to ship... I've got almost 400 crates I need to move, I'd much rather make 100 or 200 trips than the 400 it's going to take...

So... I guess what I really like to know, is there a bug in the system (I hope), does the rules page for the Cargo Containers need to be updated with the proper dimensions, or is this somethig to send out to our development team, as suggestion on enhancing the capabilities of the sled?

Thanks in advance for your help... I didn't see this being mentioned already in the forums, but if this is a repeat post, if you could just point me to where it has been addressed already, I'd appreciate that too..

"LEON!!!"
Year 9 Day 103 16:09
Jeb`el Ras
Jeb`el Ras
If it's not something flakey, doesn't this make the anti-grav sled almost useless?  

Yep.

I think the thread you're thinking of was one of Khan's production suggestion threads.

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
When none cares whether it prevail or not. - Coventry Patmore
Year 9 Day 103 20:34
Nah Olos
Nah Olos
OK. Thanks for taking the time to reply Jeb'. I'll keep my eyes open for future posts.

In the meantime, should I make a suggestion in the "Rules" thread to have the container dimensions updated? Or would someone just read this thread and take this post as the suggestion?

"LEON!!!"
Year 9 Day 104 20:01
Jeb`el Ras
Jeb`el Ras
suggestions, maybe.
Better yet, point Khan this way

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
Year 9 Day 105 23:48
Jeb`el Ras
Jeb`el Ras
Should be fixed now.
Send flowers and chocolates to Khan.

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

Year 9 Day 106 13:30
Nah Olos
Nah Olos
Thanks for your help Jeb...

Khan, thank you for squaring that away.

"LEON!!!"