179 are online

Year

Day

Time

03:39:53

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Bug in scan range in planet surface?
Eduarde Calibal
Eduarde Calibal
See the image in rules and see what you see in scan range in the ground. Same? No for me.
example1.png

This is some type of bug? In ground level the scan (without obstacles) have difference?

You're in a ship or vehicle with level 8 sensors?

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Eduarde Calibal
Eduarde Calibal
Yes. In one Y-Wing BTL-A4 Longprobe, Sensor: 8

But if you enter in one ship, go to surface of one planet and see the shape of the scan area see what I say.

Edited By: Eduarde Calibal on Year 9 Day 152 18:16
Raiden
Raiden
Get a screenshot.

Cesodevo Avina
Cesodevo Avina
It depends where on the planet you are at.

If you are in a city, then often your scanner range will be cut short by facilities. So basically, in a full city, you will not be able to take full advantage of your ship's sensors.

However, if you are not in a city, then it should look like in the image above, unless you are closer to the edge of the terrain.

Time to go to war with the Flame Tigers!
Eduarde Calibal
Eduarde Calibal
I dont have obstacles... Nothing in range. Is a empty place.

bugov8.jpg

Other thing, I see many times messages like this in the top of the page:
"An Error type: PHP Warning with the Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/secwww/server21/players/cp.inc:229) has occured. It has been stored as Error 169188."

Edited By: Eduarde Calibal on Year 9 Day 152 19:21
And it's exactly the same shape and size as the example you've shown from the rules...

Were you expecting to see numbers in the squares? The numbers are provided only to show your actual sensor value at a given range.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Neth Dharek
Neth Dharek
That don't look the same shape to me, Hal. Check the symmetry

Looks like some kind of bug to me. To the bugbase?

Eduarde Calibal
Eduarde Calibal
I already post.

Oh, you're right. I only really looked at the one corner, and counted squares to check size.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.