131 are online

Year

Day

Time

23:28:12

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Truth or a Lie? Problem, glitch or game feature? :o)
OOC: I know, this is only a game so I'm not as pissed as I could be were this RL.

I was in dealings with a Jason Bond in the process of buying a ship. The deal is set up on Friday that when I get the Creds to send to him and he will send me the ship. Being foolish I allow myself to be talked into not going with a middle man. Monday I send him the 1 mil. He tells me via DM that he died on Sat. and lost everything.

Assuming he is telling me the truth... which if true he should have informed everyone he was making deals with that the event had occurred (just the courteous thing I would have done so it is of course just a personal opinion.... end of rant).... then why would the system allow folks to send assets to a dead person? Thats a bit painful for folks like me who just lost everything. Even in the real world the goods and things should have been re-routed and returned especially on business deals?

Am I just out of luck and thats the nature of the system? Or is this just a very complicated scam?

Thanks,
Elbon

\'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.\'
- G\'kar and
It could be a scam, but it is intended that you are able to send assets to dead people so you can't use that as a test to establish that someone is actually dead.

Currently there are other means to establish that, like adding them to a crewlist, but in theory those features will also be removed.

Though for trading-related matters, you may want to visit the Traders Lounge. It contains a scammer list you can check for the name of the person you are trading with in case you feel tempted to send first, and I believe there are currently a few threads about Jason Bond that may be relevant to this situation.

swcforumsig

Year 10 Day 45 10:28
Thank you for the info. I thought I had done the search, but it appears that I over thought it and didn't look for it in the basics. *sigh*

Thank you kindly, live and learn.
This can be closed, issue answered.

\'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.\'
- G\'kar and
Year 10 Day 45 10:28
Thank you for the info. I thought I had done the search, but it appears that I over thought it and didn't look for it in the basics. *sigh*

Thank you kindly, live and learn.
This can be closed, issue answered.

- G\'kar and