115 are online

Year

Day

Time

00:40:59

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 6 Day 303 3:26
I was just wondering what targeting was going to be used for: from the rules page it is not very clear. If you are commanding a capital ship or a fighter, are you going to require targeting to improve your chances or hitting?

The implication is that it only applies to "turret" style weapons, since there are already skills for combat on cap ships and fighter/freighters. Yet all the pre-made character kits have targeting as a major skill if they are intended as fighter pilots.

To me, it seems redundant to have this extra skill when there are already skills directly affecting combat, but I would like to know more clearly what it is for so that I can decide whether or not to upgrade it (from 0) when I level up.

Year 6 Day 303 10:51
Cam Antilles
Cam Antilles
Targeting is the main skill used to target using any sort of ship, no matter of its a capital ship or a fighter.

swcsig.jpg\"
\"Somewhere, there\'s a bullet with your name on it. The trick is to die of age before it finds you\"
Year 6 Day 304 14:54
OK, thanks. So it is a crucial skill, even with high skill in combat.

Year 6 Day 305 10:26
Cam Antilles
Cam Antilles
piloting is your navigation skills
combat is your ability to fly in combat, which means your ability to not crash into things and your ability to dodge shots
targeting is allowing you to hit a moving target from a moving target..

swcsig.jpg\"
\"Somewhere, there\'s a bullet with your name on it. The trick is to die of age before it finds you\"
Year 6 Day 306 9:31
OK, thanks for the clarification.