Year

Day

Time

14:37:04

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Lucas Arts/ SwCombine "Whats the deal?"
Can I ask the deal with whats up with Swcombine and Lucas arts? I want to know some stuff so if people can post different things or link me somewhere it would be cool.....

\"Uniting

What do you mean "What's the deal?" What's your actual question?

SWC was shut down by LA at one point because LA thought it would damage their market for SWG. The Admin managed to convince them otherwise, and we are allowed to continue to operate as long as certain considerations are met, as I recall.

Obviously primary among these is that the Combine doesn't make a profit.

Someone else might be able to fill in more specific details.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
There's also the issue of using images from Lucas company material. Wherever possible we try and make our own. That 'Lucsarts Latest' link on the Community menu was also required.

Kids these days!
Ranofer Zedlav
Ranofer Zedlav
I kept myself informed during that little fiasco, and have been in conversations since then about copyrights and such...if you have a question I can help fill you in about what is and isn't allowed by the Combine.

is their somwhere where it is written or documented on what the agreement was and such?

\"Uniting

Not publically, though I imagine Veynom or someone has a copy of the information.

Why do you want to know? I mean, exactly what is your reason for interest and purpose of inquiry?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.