Year

Day

Time

06:35:20

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 7 Day 77 9:35
I've been trying to build a fountain for a day or so now but it won't let me build it for some reason. There are no facilities, ships, or people in the square and there isn't a road either(grey block) and it isn't an empty square either(sand colored with a grey cross). The block is lieka tan marble stone looking square and I have noidea what it is.

Also the fountain(s) are the corner pieces to a square of buildings in the center of the city with another fountain diagnolly off of them and there are roads surrounding the square and i keep getting messages that there is obstructions and such and I can't build.

So my questions really are: What has to be done for me to build the two fountains? What do the marble type looking squares represent?

The city is Karslon Nona on Annaj in the Annaj system of the Modell Sector. In case you wanted to takea look.

Aries Omega
"Knowledge is knowing truth and witnessing mistakes. Wisdom is knowing truth and preventing mistakes."
Year 7 Day 77 16:33
You might want to get a screenshot: Hit the Print Screen key with it on the screen, paste it into an art program, cut off (or blur/line out) personal information, upload it to a website, and link.
Visual aids are very useful.

My apologies if you knew how to do that, but some people don't.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 7 Day 77 19:14
naw its ight I knew how today cuz I asked yesterday. :P But yeah i tried to do that but I tried hosting it and such on sites but the pictuire is too big even when i cropped it down and such there were too many kilobytes but I'll keep tryin.

Aries Omega
"Knowledge is knowing truth and witnessing mistakes. Wisdom is knowing truth and preventing mistakes."
Year 7 Day 77 21:30
Mail it to me: hal@alissma.com

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 7 Day 77 22:56
What am I mailing. :S

Aries Omega
Year 7 Day 78 0:13
The image, so I can host it for ya. *shrugs* If ya wanted.

Year 7 Day 78 12:46
Mk whats your email?

Aries Omega
Year 7 Day 78 13:18
its listed a few post up

horbanner.gif
Year 7 Day 78 14:14
KarslonNonaBuildingBug.jpg

This is the image of the problem.

Edited By: Hal Breden on Year 7 Day 78 14:15

Year 7 Day 78 20:59
Thats it....I can't figure out why I can't build there because the bottom half of the city is EXACTLY the same and I was able to build those fountains.

Aries Omega
Year 7 Day 79 2:33
You're trying to build fountains at 7,7 and 14,7?

Does it give you an error message? Or is it a case of not even allowing you select those coords on the drop down menu?

Kids these days!
Year 7 Day 79 12:40
Yeah at 14,7 and 7,7

It gives me an error message that says "a building/road is occupying part of the area that the facility or her roads require OR part of the road is in the border region."

WHich is weird cuz the fountains at the bottom are built in the exact same way but didn't give me that.

Aries Omega
Year 7 Day 79 21:04
ahh, I see the problem here.

This goes back to an issue that cropped up a few months ago. If two of the sides you want roads on link up (ie: North and East, South and West etc) then the corner piece linking them also has a road built on it. This is partly for aesthetics and partly for building spacing. What I think 'll do is try and place the corner piece, but only if there is no building there, so this error won't occur. It'd be rather fiddly, and isn't really a big issue, so 've been putting it off.

I think it worked for the fountains you've already built because there was a different order. ie: You build 7,14 with roads on the West and South. This creates a road at 6,15 which you can then delete. A fountain can then be built at 6,15 with roads on the North and South.

If you really want the remaining fountains there now I can manually build them and you can send me the credits/materials. The build time for fountains is barely a day, so it's no massive advantage.

Edited By: Khan on Year 7 Day 79 22:17

Kids these days!
Year 7 Day 79 23:29
Putting them there yourself would be great, I'm on the verge of a massive blood vessel pop cuz I've spent a month building this place. :P

Also I know this isn't a dicussion board and such but... I think Fountians/Statues/Parks shouldn't have to have roads that way they can be built next to/surrounding eachother that more elaborate and flexible designs can be accomplished. And/OR the city designer should be equipped to tell us if buildings can be placed like that or if it infracts on other structures. Just an idea. :)

Mk. How many credits do i need to send for the two fountains and what character name to I make over the materials to?

Thank you so much

Aries Omega
Year 7 Day 81 1:09
Credits should be RMP of the fountain x 2. Also need the materials. Send to 'Khan'.

Spoke to Clarr about adding that to the city designer when we integrated it, but it was going to be too difficult and would slow it down substantially.

I may be wrong but I think the decision to require fountains/parks/etc to have roads was taken because they were part of the morale/crime equations.

Kids these days!
Year 7 Day 82 16:49
Materials and money has been sent to "Khan"

Aries Omega
Year 7 Day 82 21:50
Any news on building?

Aries Omega
Year 7 Day 82 22:19
Will do tomorrow.

Kids these days!
Year 7 Day 83 10:01
Mk thank you very much.

After construction fountains should be made over to "Aries Omega"

Then I'll give em to me boss when I get paid for em. :P

Aries Omega
Year 7 Day 83 19:52
done

Kids these days!
Page 1 2