Day

Time

20:07:38

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » city revenue equation question
Year 7 Day 153 11:01
Ok, I'm working on a spread sheet that will let my faction play with the #s and such to optimize a city for revenue. Here is the thing, I have a question on one equation, the crime rate equation. It is written here as: CR = CL x (Sum of (Facility [A] x surface [A]) ) / (Sum of (Facility [B] x surface [B] ) ) x eTL / 0.83. Now, I'm using Excel, just wondering how I would put this in. I get drastic differences in crime rates and income when I enter it in different ways. I have two extream ways of entering it in, just wondering which one is correct:
just straight with
CL x sum of A / sum of B x (eTL/0.83)
or grouped as
(CL x sum of A)/(sum of B x(eTL/0.83))
which is correct using excel?

jesbDYa.jpg

Fights like Hurricane, Killing, Ecstasy, Insane.
Year 7 Day 153 13:12
Best is to send an email directly to the simmaster@swcombine.com

ranmasig0.png\"

SWC Fanpage --\\\\-- SWC Twitter
Year 7 Day 153 15:17
Hey Ramma, when you get a reply, could you post the explanation here as well? I'm working on a similar spreadsheet, and was wondering the same thing.

arcsig2fw0.png\"
Year 7 Day 153 15:27
I was suggesting that Zao email veynom, not me silly.

ranmasig0.png\"

SWC Fanpage --\\\\-- SWC Twitter
Year 7 Day 153 15:36
Meh, my bad. I knew that, but something was lost between my brain and my fingers. Ah well, it's time to sleep.

arcsig2fw0.png\"
Year 7 Day 153 15:46
The crime rate (IIRC) is actually calculated as (old crime rate) + (crime rate modifier of new facility). So the value is modified each time by construction, and NOT recalculated.

So good luck trying to calculate it in advance.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 7 Day 153 18:59
Ok, I'll e-mail simmaster@swcombine.com with this, and i'll post the reply here. There shouldn't be an old crime rate though, that is if you are building on planets with no population. At least that is what we are primarily doing anyways.

jesbDYa.jpg

Year 7 Day 154 6:06
Imazushi Shinoto
Imazushi Shinoto
Um, Rand Axim has something somewhat like that, just for building. Maybe he can help you out.

Year 7 Day 154 11:20
Ok guys, the official word from veynom when using excel is that the first one is correct:
CL x sum of A / sum of B x (eTL/0.83)

Where it is a X function, / function, X function, then x grouped function, where only grouping the division function at the end (eTL/0.83) is one variable.
This does make more sense, ... using the other equation, I could tweek the building of a city to turn out 1.3 billion a month, ... if there were not building restrictions.

jesbDYa.jpg

Year 7 Day 154 12:33
wait, wait, I said that wrong, .... they are all state functions, group the last one togeather as a variable (eTL/0.83). That is just a better way of saying it.

jesbDYa.jpg