Year

Day

Time

08:15:13

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 7 Day 162 16:27
Guest/Visitor

I keep trying to sign up and have tried mulitple handles, and it just won't except any handle that I put in. All of them I tried comply with the Character blahblahblah rules...

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Year 7 Day 162 17:11
Bryce Armadala
Bryce Armadala
What handles did you try?

Year 7 Day 171 5:42
Guest/Visitor

This is the email I received, this combine appears to be perhaps as much a waste of time as a previous game...although to date it has not cost me a dime :) Still if it dont work it dont work...and time wasted is time wasted....

Dear Sold Azis,

The SW Combine Administration has declined your membership application providing the following reason :

Your handle does not match out current rules requirements. It was turned down because of the presence of a restricted name or adjective, such as ?Lord?, ?Count? or ?Darth?, or an existing Star Wars character name was chosen such as ?Luke Skywalker? or ?Han Solo?.

Year 7 Day 171 6:19
Most likely they didn't accept it because of "Sold"

RGC-2.gif
Governor Yoshi Hikaru
Governor of Pypin System
Year 7 Day 171 7:16
Yes I declined it because of Sold, that is not a name.

ranmasig0.png\"

SWC Fanpage --\\\\-- SWC Twitter
Year 7 Day 172 19:11
You guys do a wonderful job keeping our idiotic handles (with only a very few exceptions that seem to have been missed and grand-fathered in) and I applaud you for it.

But honestly, I think "Sold" could have passed. In a world were many names are seemingly random syllables strung together that happen to sound like a name, it could be feasable.

However, it is your call. I'm just adding my opinion.

realsigho6ir6.gif
Year 7 Day 172 19:47
"Sold Azis" actually sounds like "sold as is."

swcforumsig

Year 7 Day 172 23:06
Hey if the last name was Soldwalk I would approve it. Like Syn said, sounding like "sold as is" is not a name. But I just declined in on the word Sold. I will also not approve the names Bud, Ace, April, Red or any other name that is a word in the real world, a real name or not. I think today's parents are stupid, what are some people thinking.

ranmasig0.png\"

SWC Fanpage --\\\\-- SWC Twitter
Year 7 Day 173 0:06
Red, Bud, and April have existed for well over 100 years...

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 7 Day 173 6:30
good that you don't know polish, guys. You would die after seeing some of combine handles.

RGC-2.gif
Governor Yoshi Hikaru
Governor of Pypin System
Year 7 Day 174 9:25
Like Syn said, sounding like "sold as is" is not a name 

But Koz Ofyurdeth is acceptable? I also seem to recall a Paul Dajedi, but maybe it was an admin and not a player...

realsigho6ir6.gif
Year 7 Day 174 9:53
Kirit Hin`Kirl
Kirit Hin`Kirl
Both names accepted before the current handle rules.

Year 7 Day 175 1:21
No, I think Koz was after and just happened to slip through. But yes, Paul certaintly predates the rules.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 7 Day 175 15:03
Players have also been able to avoid the handle rules when they create a second character after dying, since there has not been an approval system in place, and such handles are automatically used. I believe that is being worked on now, if it has not already been coded.

In short, old handles which were accepted prior to these procedures continue to exist, but these days if someone slips past they are generally asked to select a new handle.

swcforumsig