snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » 2-?'s City Edges/Gate Location Rules
Garven Stalwart
Garven Stalwart
Economy:
1/ Construction of Facilities :
1.1.3/ Roads:
Every facility, except for gates, walls and trenches, must have roads on at lesat two sides in order to separate it from other facilities. At this time roads provide no bonuses and have no influence on anything other than facility spacing. 

1) Do the city edges count as available to be road sides?
The row from (0,0) to (0, 21) and the other three sides.

2) Can a gate be placed between two buildings on the "road sides"?

garven.gif\"
“You are part of the Corporate Alliance and a trader. Trade this you may.” -Satisfied Customer #3528.
Garven Stalwart
Garven Stalwart
I'm thinking yes on the first question but I think I'm going to get a no. So to save your time here is my reasoning.

If you look at any city it is 21x21. The Imperial Palace is 20x20 building on two of the edges and leaving two for the roads.

If the edges are not useable then the Imperial Place needs shrunk down to 18x18 leaving room for the two needed roads inside the 'usable' 19x19 space.

Thanks

garven.gif\"
“You are part of the Corporate Alliance and a trader. Trade this you may.” -Satisfied Customer #3528.
Kevin Chambers
Kevin Chambers
1) no, the green/whatever other colour that you cannot build on does not count as a road.

2) not sure what you mean

Garven, actually cities go from 0,0 to 21,21, meaning they are actually 22 squares wide and high, so the imperial palace would fit perfectly.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Garven Stalwart
Garven Stalwart
Ahh yeah the zero row. :-\ my bad.
I do take it the palace is exempt from the two road requirement then. ;)

On the second question I'm referring to using a gate between two buildings to 'limit access'. The gate would be on one of the two sides considered the "road sides". ...but it was listed as that special case, not needing the roads. So does the gate itself negate that side of the building being considered one of the two required "road sides".

garven.gif\"
Kevin Chambers
Kevin Chambers
yes

You can place a gate between two buildings as it does not require roads on two sides, but the two buildings it is placed between still do require two complete sides with roads. Not 1 full side and 1 side missing 1 square of road due to the gate.

Eboda Raas
Eboda Raas
Hi Kevin,

Question if you have a power generator (1x3). If you have it positioned vertically does that mean you could have one side with a complete road of three and the top( or bottom) with one space being consideraded a complete road as well? This way you stack or sit building next to each other.

Which direction you position it doesn't matter. Facilities have four sides, and two of them need roads. Which sides those are also doesn't matter; any two will do.

swcforumsig

Eboda Raas
Eboda Raas
Thanks Syn