Two new GNS posts have gone up in case you missed them. Begins now and expect this one to last a while. Darkness planets are the only ones affected (not Quest as of yet).
Edit: Derra and Serroco are not included
EDIT 2: ** Y18D261 11:24 ** Twilight Volunteers should now accept a wide variety of trophies, at varying different values.
EDIT 3: **Y18D261 11:41 ** Volunteers will now accept a limited number of credits (GenSci) and trophies (Twilight), per person, per day. (fixed ambiguousness. Thanks Michael McLeod)
Report any bugs to Kay Dallben and Baugrems.
|(Edited by Kay Dallben on Year 18 Day 261)|
A big thanks to Sims for manning the QA team previously. Kay Dallben is now director of the QA team. Any inquiries should be directed to him about testing and cp pay for those who are team members.
That is all.
There is a hardware issue with one of our servers that requires it be migrated, so SWC will be down for less than half an hour in about 25 minutes in order to do the migration.
Update: We are back online. |
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 18 Day 245)|
My apologies for the delay, but I think we had delays last time too.
Our new asim will be Aetius Morbus, and Sid and Baugrems will be returning for a second tour of duty. We debated whether their return should be made public before applications or not and settled on leaving it as unknown in order to avoid discouraging people who saw that only one spot was available this time around. In the future, I think we will stick to this policy, and only if all three asims elect to remain on board will we forego applications entirely (along with a message explaining this).
Thank you to everyone who submitted applications; I'm sorry we don't have room for everyone as an asim, but there are other teams and opportunities to help out before the next round of applications that I would encourage you to investigate.
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 18 Day 240)|
Photobucket has been ramping up their "no offsite linking" rule. In an effort to keep the galaxy free of terrible looking speed dials, Ulrike will be offering a limited service. If you have a broken custom image that shows the photobucket offsite link error image (ONLY these please, regular broken links are not applicable for this service) send a Dm to Ulrike about your images with the URLs of the images you are replacing, & the entity IDs. You are limited to 3, and only 3, ID replacements per week. Multiple entities with the same image ID will have to be split up due to the backend nature of the process. Ulrike will walk you through the refund & resubmission. its not exactly simple, fast, or ideal, however this will hopefully assist some of you.
To all of you custom appliers in this colorful galaxy,
Photobucket has begun banning offsite linking for those of you with free accounts. This will obviously affect a number of older customs. Ulrike and I, in looking at te list of applied customs, have seen its effects already.
To this end, all of you with old photobucket images will want to save local copies of your customs. In the near future we will be deleting & refunding brokenn image links, and keeping the images saved now may help you allieviate some of the headache.
That is all.
|(Edited by Jevon Lambright on Year 18 Day 240)|
|Hello everyone, the first six month asim term has expired, more or less, and so we are back to
recruiting new ones. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the way this has turned out--we saw much
higher average activity levels from the new asims than in the past, and much less burnout due to
being able to return to their characters now that this is over. To remind everyone, here are the
rules for the six month asim terms:|
Remember that current asims are allowed to re-apply and may be re-selected.
Applications should be submitted via Darkness Message to me, Arjuna, and Erek.
Please answer the following questions in your application.
- Newly hired asims are not required to irrevocably drop their character. Instead,
their characters are suspended for the duration of being an asim.
- Asims have no IC activity related to their character while working for the administration.
- Asims will have a defined period of service of six months after which a new group of asims will
be hired. There is no limit on the number of terms if reselected.
- Applications will be in January and July, with asims working from February through the end of
July and then August through January of next year.
- Compensation in the form of Combine Points will be provided for asims who remain active and
effective throughout their service period.
- Asims are required to use IRC and must be active in staff channels as that is how the
majority of decisions are made.
- Asims duties center around helping players affected by bugs, handling support
tickets, and dealing with rules violations. There will be opportunities for asims to assist in
designing RP opportunities for SWC at large, along with participating in discussion on game features
before they are announced or implemented.
- What is your Combine handle?
- How long have you played SWC?
- What have you done IC so far (including previous characters)? What are you working on currently,
and what is your position with your faction?
- Why do you want to become an asim?
- Are you involved in any other online games or RPGs of a similar nature? If so please describe
your position and responsibilities
- Please provide three references of SWC members who are not on the administration team
that have been in the game for at least two years.
We will be accepting applications through July 16th, 2017, and the selected asims will be
announced on the 23nd. They will then have until the 31st to wrap up IC activity and will join the
team on the 1st of August.
- Where do you live?
- How old are you?
- What is your occupation?
- How much time would you like to volunteer per week on improving SWC?
- Have you performed administrative duties in the past or organized groups/events?
- Who is your favorite DotA, HotS, or Overwatch hero and why?
Thank you all to those who applied and if you do not have a DM from me do not despair. Over 40 applications were received and I did my best to get a variety of different kinds of minds to be able to test properly.
A big congratulations to the new QA Team members in no particular order:
Obi Wan Soares
Thank you all,
|(Edited by Simkin Dragoneel on Year 18 Day 188)|
|Update to revision aad28df6029c51148c3ef795a3eaead8bfadd0c0 (+47)
- Added current crewlist entries to Inventory/Entity resource
- Added ctool for dstroyedentities table (#4446)
- Fix for recycling hanging action (#4439)
- Fix undefined variable on chat page
- Fix crash on dev showing race page undefined values
- Jobsdaily crash when trying to deal with banned players (#4435)
- Query missing where entityType in equipment screen item lookup causing crash in city (#4432)
- Add EntityContainerAdmin for debugging item-in-city locations (#4432)
- fincome debt sale should become an auction, not a sale on the NPC market (#4426)
- Add debt field to facility ctool to allow testing bug (#4426)
- Deploy Tent code doesn't exist anymore, removed code that allowed the deploy button to show up for tents (#4423)
- Make ProductionAction more strict about amounts it accepts (#4425)
- Make code always regenerate batchQuantity if it has invalid value #2 (#4425)
- Make code always regenerate batchQuantity if it has invalid value (#4425)
- Added ProductionItemAdmin to view/edit production queue on dev (#4425)
- ProductionItem will now crash if quantity is set to an invalid value to help debug a bug (#4425)
- Production will now crash if quantity is set to an invalid value to help debug a bug (#4425)
- More bugs relating to items with bad owners when room travelling, adding stronger error checking (#4421)
- Combat crashing out when players ship dies and tries and fails to fire escape pods (#4415)
- SQL Exception on events page when setting limits negative (#4414)
- Include fatal errors reporting in error handler (#4412)
- Updated admin tool for spawning and inspecting ground bandits (#4409)
- Moved travel fix tool into source control (#4411)
- Inventory/Entity/Property switch statement flows through (Web API Forum)
- Types/Creature resource inconsistencies with terrain names (Web API Forum)
- Types/Creature resource lacks images (Web API Forum)
- Types/Weapons resource lacks large images (Web API Forum)
- Force training kept restarting if you didn't click away from the page
- Fix hire npc view crash when station/facility does not have any valid NPC types to hire (#4396)
- Trophy loot drop price restored (#4402)
- Facility Income Taxes crashing out with error due to corrupt planet location (#3264, #4400)
- JS Notifications throw red errors when received
- Make notification poller not pop up red ajax error flash (Forums)
- regression in repair time caused by incorrect material counts (IRC)
- Fix unable to atmo travel when on planet with no atmo (IRC)
- Remove ES6 default function arguments from countdown timer JS as it breaks on older browsers (Forums)
- timers not showing in obscure browsers (IRC)
- Travel cross terrain screen not showing properly (#4398)
The development team needs you to test for the Combine! Due to the rather active coders we have right now, as well as real life and IC responsibilities rearing its ugly head for myself as well as causing a number of team members to go inactive we are looking for 4 or 5 players with experience in vast parts of the game, or who are willing to learn to help to test bug fixes and other assorted things we want... tested.
Along with recruiting we are also going to be a change in how we approach getting testing work on new features from a decidedly passive approach to a more proactive “polite nagging” of active coders to get features tested as much as possible. Which changes some responsibilies of new testers. I'm not going to take players who I will presume to be released onto the Development Server and just play around spawning SSDs or something.
Full training will be given, especially on the tools you will be using to test things, and you will be paid 7,000-9,000 CP's a month depending on your activity and work done.
Applications will be open for about 2 weeks ending on D171 at 22:00 game time. Responsibilities include: Taking heavy criticism from the player base, idling on IRC at #swc-dev when possible for any requests for immediate testing, checking the bugbase when possible to test the validity of bugs, and various other tasks.
Anyone interested needs to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with why they should be on the QA team, preferably answering the following questions:
1) What is your handle?
2) How long have you been with the Combine?
3) Why do you want to join the QA Team?
4) What skills do you think you can bring to the QA Team?
5) What country do you live in?
6) How much time can you spend on the Combine in general and helping in particular?
7) Were you involved in any projects that would qualify you for the position?
8) Can you spend time every day/other day idling on #swc-dev to help test things as needed?
9) Anything else we should know about/can help your application?
I will review your applications and I will be selecting 10 players to advance to the next step of questions, of the ones that answer those questions 4 or 5 will be invited to join the team.
Applications will only be accepted via email to prevent DM overload. QUESTIONS about the QA team can be DM’d to myself or senior QA members Kay Dalben or Kerri Manchester. You can also find me on IRC by the nickname “Sims”.
Thank you much! Sims
Edit: Applications are now closed. I will sort out candidates for the next phase of the process. Applicants that make it to stage 2 will recieve a DM from me before D177.
Statistics: Applications recieved 40+.
|(Edited by Simkin Dragoneel on Year 18 Day 172)|
While there was a general consensus among the ASIM team that the "Tabder" should be renamed, and while the best intentions were at play in renaming the ship to honor Selatos, the team member doing so didn't confirm their actions with anyone else.
The "Tabder-class Heavy Frieghter" is being renamed to the "Mammoth-class Heavy Hauler."
The latest sync introduced a bug where the cockpit link to the "Cross Terrain" page will not work. This will be fixed for the next time we sync, in the meantime you can access that page using this link (click here).
Similarly, If you are around a planet that has no atmosphere and cannot travel in the atmosphere; you can go to this link (click here) to access it.
You may get an error after starting travel, but refreshing the page will show you are traveling fine.
Sid Edit: This is still a known issue and has been fixed for the next sync.
|(Edited by Sid on Year 18 Day 165)|