Facility income has been run manually and people should have money now. If someone was active two days ago but wasn't today, I'm sorry, but I won't be doing further manual updates, and there is no easy way to adjust this for just you.
I've been informed that editing the simnews posts doesn't update all RSS feed readers correctly, so most updates of significant content like this will be new posts from now on (same for sync warning and sync digest, for instance, but edits to update wording or something will generally remain in the same post).
Looks like facility income didn't run for some reason; I'll try to find out why and post updates when I have them.
Mini sync to address some datacard related issues and clear up several things.
- Generic list added to the datacard overview rules page. Most of the rest of the page (regarding R&D, etc.) is still inaccurate
- Slot information added to cards that are generic on the details page for each entity
- You cannot hold any generics to become a government
- Upon reverting from government status you give up previously held government-only datacards (an old bug technically, it seems)
- Production exceptions updated for non-manufacturing groups:
-- LIN miners can be produced by mining factions, DC created for mining factions automatically
-- Mining vehicles, farming vehicles cannot be produced by mining factions, bu they do hold the DCs
-- Mining explosives can be produced by mining factions, DCs created automatically
-- Medical droids can be produced by medical factions, DCs created automatically
-- Medical ships and vehicles cannot be produced by medical factions, but they do hold the DCs
-- Recycling factions can produce uglies that they hold the datacards for
-- Other recycling ships and vehicles, which have actual schematics and a specification require an outside manufacturing group as before
Originally I was thinking of giving mining, medical, and recycling the full production pipeline for their other assets, but I realized that would reduce the need for back and forth interaction too much. Now they can produce assets required for day-to-day operations (explosives in mining are an upcoming change once a programmer is free to handle it) but still require outside support for creating the more interdisciplinary entities like ships and vehicles.
In the future production rules are liable to change again (become simpler) once there is R&D and it makes less sense to have arbitrary boundaries for tech based on faction type, but that is a long ways away.
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 16 Day 232)|
After reading some of the feedback and having some more discussion about the best way to proceed with reorganizing the datacards, we've decided to back off on the restricted DC reassignment for the time being. It is too aggressive of a change for now, but depending on how the situation looks in a couple of months it may be an option. Generic datacards will proceed as described before, and the same rules will apply for purchasing generics (no unique/restricted DCs in the list on your faction datacard page).
Datacard quantities will be restored to their pre-sync values tomorrow evening.
Update to revision ebb7a91a7c07cabcaac43e3df5990b79b4e6f62a (+76)
- Bug #3799 X button now works on modules
- Fixed bug where multiple modules couldn't be disabled on members page
- Fixed bug #3800, unable to load party screen when a character is present
- Fixed bug with GNS posting privs not providing access to choose the correct category on the post page
- Keycard crafting will no longer auto-restart
- Inventory fitout text updated to reflect clicking instead of dragging
- Members page automatically refreshes. Style, text, and watermarking changed to increase readability
- Lots of CSS changes: images replaced with css, gaps and margins improved in the header, larger clickable header link area
- Colors changed a little bit to increase (functional) consistency between skins and improve overall polish of color schemes. Not all icons were updated, they are still pending conversion to css or svg from images
- Ship, vehicle, item, and droid production factions have been merged into a single general type. General production factions cost 70m to create
- Medical droids now produced at medical factions
- LIN-series miners, alpha plus charges, and blaststicks now produced at mining factions
- C-wing uglies now produced by recycling factions
- Can now walk through gates if they are open to all
- Datacard assignments are now broken into three categories: restricted, free, and generic, plus rare entities that do not have datacards
- Generic datacards may be purchased by general type only, with cost based on DC "slot" value: 5m credits per slot, total active members must exceed the cumulative number of slots used by owned generic DCs.
- All existing datacards are being reassigned, see below for important information about this change.
This sync incorporates dramatic changes to the way the datacard system works. Datacards are now available for purchase by general production factions that do not own restricted datacards. They may be purchased at any time if your faction is elligible and meets the cost and membership requirements. Each datacard costs 5m credits per slot, and your total active member count must be above the cumulative number of slots occupied by all owned generic datacards.
All existing datacard assignments have been reevaluated. If you currently own datacards that fall under the restricted category after this change, their uses have been set to zero, meaning you cannot assign them to any new production facilities. Existing assigned uses will remain valid for one week, until July 19th, 2015, to allow some time to begin a final round of production for entities you may be losing. After this time, existing assignments will also be removed. I understand this will create significant IC turmoil as it may affect production contracts, datacard contracts, etc., but I'd really appreciate it if players would try to not be assholes to each other about this. It may require some non-RP decision making to "do the right thing" because the game is being rebalanced. Datacard reassignment is not something you should try to incorporate into your IC history as magically losing your technology or something equally stupid, and you should not use this opportunity to scam people and then claim you're totally legit because the admins took away your production, so it's not your fault.
Restricted technology will be assigned based on one of two criteria: (1) it is assigned as 'canon' tech, either in a SW or SWC canon sense, to one of five government factions: GE, NR, Hapes, TF, and FF; or (2) it is assigned as 'draft' tech, which will be selected by factions that elect to participate in the datacard draft. All existing production factions of the four types that are being merged can choose to participate in the draft or transition to full time generic datacard production. There will be one draft per legacy faction type, where factions who were previously of that type will take turns selected datacards from the draft pool, ordered by faction create date. The draft will happen in the leaders' forum to keep off-topic posts to a minimum, but we will try to keep updated information available in other locations to watch its progress. Draft selections will be made by the faction leader or a designated subordinate who has access to the forum (i.e. you need to make them 2IC if you will delegate, for the time being). Each draftable datacard has a number of slots associated with it that identifies how many times it may be drafted before it becomes unavailable. Undoubtably the draft will take some time, but we will strive to hand out datacards quickly as they are drafted.
The list of datacard reassignments is summarized in this google doc. As you can see in the document, there are 60 or so generic datacards (not all generics are listed--all previous generics are also generics moving forward but I did not add them all to the spreadsheet). This list also includes the draft order for each category. There are many previously restricted or unavailable datacards that are either draftable or even generic in some cases. Furthermore, several type-specific datacards have been added to non-production factions as well, partly to compensate for lost restricted tech. One example is the dreadnaught, which is now available to all government factions, but it still requires a ship production faction to actually make them.
There will be no faction mergers at this time, primarily because there are no datacard transfers to preserve. If you wish to participate in the draft, your faction must not dissolve. If not, you are free to empty the faction and dissolve it to concentrate your assets in a different faction. Only the faction creation date and previous category will affect its draft status, so if you wish to draft with one faction you own but not another, you may dissolve the second and place all your assets into the first. After the draft, should a faction that owns restricted datacards dissolve, those datacards will return to the draft pool. On some regular interval, to be determined based on how quickly restricted tech becomes unavailable again, we will hold further drafts for any lost datacards, open to any general production factions that do not hold generics. Ordering for future re-drafts will likely be based on number of datacards held, with the smallest number held granting priority.
Finally, we will also be handing out the canon assignments sometime this week, after some time for community response to the assignments. I'm sure there will be lots of angry debate about the new datacard assignment, but keep in mind that essentially every faction has lost datacards, some of which have been held for a long time. There will be a dedicated thread for discussion and another for suggestion of new entities, as there are a few critical gaps on the canon list I wish to fill quickly.
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 16 Day 225)|
Well, 'tis time for the Deathmatch to progress and advance to the next round. Who will win the penultimate round for this populatiry contest? In addition we have several more Grudge Matches for you to peruse and vote on. Don't forget to make new Grudge matches if there is something you want to decide, or see what people think of. Or are bored...
Update to revision c564700b12ebebfe22d4cf5ff6e6b5a1932e8f7d (+68)
- Combat beta is now available in a second system
- New members landing page/dashboard released. Please suggest sections on the forums
- Fixed loot purge to handle hostile owners and normal npc owners
- Added entity info text to the searchable information when you have pilot/commander/owner or faction access
- Added entity info text string to display on boarding page when you have pilot/commander/owner or faction access
- Race information added to party boxes
- HP bar resized and relocated in party boxes
- New tool to fix broken squads or broken entity locations with one click (i.e. errors where you see "Expected instance of Entity but got boolean" on party page or on the scanners).
- Entity de-wrecking tool updated for Serroco
For real though the next sync will have all the other stuff I mentioned last time. This one happened because we needed to enable combat in Serroco.
|Update to revision 722a9d6aaf5fb9b98bd3bdf12b8db2049cf129b7 (+3)
- Fixed inability to change faction leaders/2IC (#3792)
- Fixed inability to claim drops from npcs and creature (#3788)
- Fixed missing entity of member of faction check in IFF (#3789); note that your faction is now friendly by default unless you add an enemy rule
This was a bug-fix-only sync targeting a couple of blocking issues/major regressions that were affecting players after the IFF changes and introduction of hostile NPCs.
|Hi everyone, it seems there is a new bug related to assigning 2IC status, leader, or possibly some privs. I thought it was an isolated incident originally, but it appears to be affecting most people, judging by the support ticket volume related to it. Unfortunately, I am in the middle of a move and will be more or less without internet for several days; I will work on a fix, but the earliest there might be a patch is Friday. In the mean time, you will probably need to wait it out, because this seems to be something even the ASIMs would have difficulty helping with. Sorry for the disruptions this may cause. |
Update to revision 3c8a9e109b04bdf384eed7901590ae21c870f27f (+79)
- Fixed missing icon for "being recycled" in inventory (#3765)
- Fixed issue with displaying bacta refinement actions (#3772)
- Removed the ability to dock in wrecked facilities (hopefully) (#3774)
- Can now attack bandit droids directly because they have a hostile owner (#3775)
- IFF has been rewritten and is now used for combat. The rules have been updated with a description of how IFF works and the lookup criteria
-- When you attack someone, you will be added as an enemy to their IFF list and to their owner's (faction/character) IFF list as well
-- If you cannot be added to their IFF, the attack will fail (there are no scenarios where this applies yet but eventually force powers will allow you to charm people and prevent them from attacking you)
-- The IFF lookup rules are extensive. Your personal IFF always takes precedence, but your faction list will affect you unless you override specific rules
-- IFF status can be changed from the scanner page! Click on the IFF icon next to an entity and a small box of three statuses will appear. Click another to select a new status for this entity.
- Dianoga is now 6 party slots, down from 12
- RM images in inventory for mines/farms changed to 30x30 (500 more pixels!)
- Combat range added to combat reports
- Combat events generated when entities you own are attacked should reflect the name of the squad leader correctly
-- Note: faction-owned entity events are generated and stored, but there is no way to see them yet. Will be added soon.
- New message/debug/error logging system to help developers and asims
- New "hostile owner" whose entities see everyone as an enemy to help resolve the issue with bandit droids not being attackable. This will own all wild creatures, bandits, and bandit droids
- New tool for reseting wreck status of facilities
- New tool for deleting NPCs owned by the market
- New tool for spawning bandits/creatures (mostly for testers not for the main server)
The IFF system proved to be quite a complex endeavour. Any reasonable entity can be tagged as friend or foe (including ships, vehicles, etc.). The lookup rules are very complex but ideally also provide reasonable fallback characteristics involving your preferences regarading entities and their owners, as well as your faction's preferences. This will hopefully be the "definitive" IFF implementation that we rely on as the rest of vision is improved for our global ground combat release objective. We're almost done with the second quarter of 2015 so the next sync will likely include an updated targets/progress list.
A fair amount of work was also done on the power pools feature but it is unreleased for this sync. We weren't able to complete the management UI in time and then finish ripping out the legacy system. Next sync will cover three main things: power pools will be completed and released, the production faction subtypes will be merged (more details will be announced), and a new members page dashboard prototype will be released that aims to provide a central "at a glance" type view of SWC that helps direct you to things you care about. The current members landing page has essentially no utility, so we're trying to find information that would be good to show people immediately when they return to SWC.
Update: Previous IFFs were (intentionally) deleted because the format was incompatible. I also assumed nobody bothered with it since it didn't really work, so I didn't write a converter for it. Sorry for that.
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 16 Day 186)|
The IRC server is currently offline; there is an issue that Veynom will need to address so hopefully we can get it back up soon.
Update: A fix is in progress. It may still be a few hours but this is actively being addressed.
Update 2: The IRC server is back online and has been moved to a new hosting provider. This was an unanticipated downtime and we apologize for any monthly meetings that may have been disrupted. IRC services are automatically backed up every weekend, so any data loss should not extend back beyond one week at most. If something is amiss, please report the issue in #swc-help so an oper can investigate.
|(Edited by Syn on Year 16 Day 168)|
Update to revision e0007f50bfdd3dd16e24c28713b9cc513f1f7d66 (+70)
- RMs now show up in the UI for containing entities that are moving (#3745)
- Party page search box fixed
- Inventory-page fitout management fixed for click operation
- Stalagmites now properly ignored when exporting build permission requests from the city designer
- Fixed mining XP issue when sending to a silo
- Fixed a layout issue with the top menu (#3755)
- Fixed an issue where non-pilots could view the cargo aboard an entity through the cockpit UI
- Repair rules updated to reflect skill change
- Repair rules clarified more on what it means to lose access to RMs when repairing (#3759)
- Entities can now be disabled with ionic damage exceeding their capacitance. Entities are disabled for 24h at a time
- Disabled facilities can be boarded without being on the crewlist
- Disabled droids can be captured (once per 24h) with a restraining bolt, stealing the droid
- Repair now uses repair skill instead of management
- Silos no longer block full mines, and transfer to silos works
- Arrest will ignore player weight capacity when equipping cuffs to the target
- NPC leveling events now include a link to the inventory page
- Updated door installation failure events to be less duplicative
- Added icon to indicate disabled status on scanners
- Added hull/shields/ionic to scanners for facilities
- Short Lightsabers have been removed and replaced with regular Lightsabers
- Double Bladed Lightsaber range has been reduced from 1 to 0
- All lightsabers have had damage values reduced slightly
- Regular Lightsabers can now be dual wielded; they now do less damage than Double Bladed Lightsabers
- Morgukai Glaives and Zenji Needles now have an appropriate firepower, up from 1
- Zenji Needles can now be dual wielded
- All droids now have an appropriate firepower for their weapon type, up from 1
- All creatures now have an appropriate firepower set
Also this is something like the fifth or sixth time Mikel says he's gotten silos to work properly.
Update: There was a breaking issue with bacta refinement not working at all. We've had a mini sync to fix this; you may find that you have unfinished bacta refinement actions stuck at 100%. Please contact the asims via support tickets for any such actions to have them finished.
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 16 Day 161)|