Update to revision 1fcdcf9bc1ced1c3be94d12ac6bb3bb287419386 (+52)
- Switched Scanner Legend to use SVGs for character/npc and droid scanner images
- Reworked entity status rules and IFF checking ability (#4267)
- Facilities can be used for recycling. They work the same way as existing recyclers except that the entity to be recycled needs to be docked inside them. RMs returned by recycling in both facilities and stations both are returned inside the entity doing recycling.
- Stations can be used for recycling. They work the same way as existing recyclers except that the entity to be recycled needs to be docked inside them.
- Mining explosive values have been fixed--they were previously off by a factor of 100
- Repair missing visible checkboxes for RMs to use, not displaying estimated RM usage properly (Unreported)
- Entity Damage (from aborting recycling) doesn't lead to converting to a wreck if hull hits 0 (Unreported)
- Recycling rules have wrong hull value for when conversion to wreck occurs for not solely recycling but also combat (Unreported)
- fixed force skill update event not showing name of updated skill (unreported)
- view breaking on security authorizing wrong type of group (#3701)
- Repair events formatting issues (Unreported)
- Faction repair events don't reflect actual RMs used (Unreported)
- Singular vs. Plural disagreement when no NPCs for repair (Unreported)
- Amount undefined in mining with explosives (#4282)
- Cannot recycle droids in facilities/stations (Unreported)
- NPCs and Creatures taking ionic damage instead of a critical hit
- Mining actions hang when mine is owned by NPC market (#4281)
- Fix for party member being deleted during travel causing infinite loop, showed up as combat error/fire delay hanging when attacking and killing an out-of-range bandit (#4275)
- Some NPC-only races weren't listed as eligible custom NPCs (#4276)
- Fix droid repair crashing because of HP/Hull change
- ctool entity field works with hook class
- fix tractor beam screen scrolling issue
- fixed bug where GuardAction would not be destroyed when leader is killed + unit test
- isModded now shows what mods are applied in the inventory
- Fixing isModded returning true for every ship (showing up as modded in the inventory)
- Updated recycling rules to reflect wreck recycling (Unreported)
- Wrecked ships can't be recycled due to NPC-owned. Once an entity is wrecked, it can be recycled by anyone regardless of owner or assignment (Unreported)
- Time to recycle is the same regardless of whether started by an EVS or a GRZ-6B wrecker (Unreported)
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 18 Day 112)|
18:06 - Action Timers now, once again, behave as they should.
17:26 - Action timers are stuck again. This is a known issue and we are working to manually clear the backlog.
13:36 - Action Timers now behave as they should.
10:52 - Action timers are currently stuck. This is a known issue and we are working to manually clear the backlog.
|(Edited by Erek on Year 18 Day 107)|
Update to revision 51c8ef38681a4bb562279c6b27e92edc0e4b32c0 (+101)
- Added new equipment fitout image for female characters.
- load sun images with png extension if available
- use svg images for scanner if available
- Added code for prettier deep space starfield backgrounds
- Added code for prettier deep space starfield backgrounds
- Room movement overlay is now a border to contrast better with new room images.
- Facility, fighter and speeder specific room images are now available
- Fix spaceport/starport confusion on rules pages (starport is correct name)
- cockpit pages with 1000's of ships visible will render slightly faster
- Lost souls can be claimed directly from the position interface
- Problem destroying ship when hyperspace abort into sun
- Sensor power incorrectly calculated over planets (and facilities) when sharing sensors (#2246)
- Rules pages not showing all available race images (#4266)
- Fix inventory crash when two filters added and first filter is removed
- production queues are limited to ships/vehicles and items/droids queued together
- Types/Factions inconsistencies (Web API Forum)
- Types/EntityTypes resource doesn't permit trailing slash (Web API Forum)
- incorrect system background drawn when ascending from planet
- Removing government datacards upon reversion crashes if government is missing any DCs they're assumed to have (Unit Tests)
- HQ DC allotting fails when factions should have more than 1 HQ DC available (Unit Tests)
- Updated entity rules pages to show batch value separate from individual value to eliminate confusion (#2982)
- Fix for DivideByZero when squadded with ship with no hyperdrive
- Make DamageDealt class correctly report hull damage (instead of HP damage)
- PHP expecting array in inventory filtering error (#4232)
- Squad size display on position page counts number of members, ignoring slot size (#3410)
- NPCs can be ordered onto ocean tiles without caring whether they have the appropriate gear to disembark on that terrain (#4063)
- Equipping NPC fitouts ignore weight/volume capacity (#3416)
- Custom item charges CPs but gives error about missing custom images (#4210)
- Faction combat reports not logged. They will now be visible to any member with the Combat Reports->View Combat Reports and Logs priv (#4080)
- Combat events visible without Privileges->Can View Combat Events priv (Unreported)
- ship wrecks missing large image
- Crates produced and owned by dissolved factions will now be sent to the NPC market (#3864)
- Dropping items in a full entity allows stacking equipped entities (#4150)
- NPCs calculate volume capacity differently than characters (#4263)
- Can add arrested characters to a full party (#4234)
- fixed fatal error on assigning force skill points
- Add hostile owner type to select widget
- Fix ctool creature search crashing
- ctool crash on HostileOwner entities
- Fix crash when trying to dock in a deep space square
- Members menu not rendering when variable accessed
- Correctly remove entities from squads when ship/vehicle/npc/etc is destroyed
- Fix being able to use jetpack in a fire delay (#4262)
- Fix unable to access squadded ships materials in facility construction (#3402)
- admin property editor crashes when NPC type is loaded
- admin property editor crash when no properties are defined
As part of this update we're releasing a new feature added by Clarr Solo since his return: deep space locations without planets now have a chance to spawn asteroid fields. All ships left on the same sublight square as an asteroid will take damage over time based on the size of the ship. If a ship is destroyed in an asteroid field, escape pods will be filled with people and ejected automatically. Other things aboard the ship will be lost. Note that this applies only to deep space locations and not to the entity currently called 'asteroid field' that can be found in existing systems. Deep space asteroid fields will also only spawn when a player enters a deep space location and will not spontaneously spawn on top of assets currently located in deep space.
|(Edited by Syn on Year 18 Day 106)|
As of this moment, the Generic DCs have been revoked as necessary. Anyone still concerned about their faction can submit to support or contact the staff via email/DM.
Edit: included below is the explanation originally included in last night's post titled, "Spying Rules, Golden Rule, Multi-Rule, Generic DCs."
On a separate note, some of you may have noticed this thread regarding the use/misuse of Generic DCs. An investigation has been conducted and we will be going through and manually selling/revoking extra DCs in the reverse order you bought them until you are below the threshold you were eligible for at the time of our investigation, These actions will appear to be carried out by the leader of the faction when they are shown in your events. Further actions have been referred to the Simmaster and those of you that intentionally abused the Generic Datacard purchasing system will be contacted once further decisions have been made.
|(Edited by Erek on Year 18 Day 94)|
|One thing that was not emphasized enough in the sync report is that creatures and bandits have become significantly more dangerous. There was a bug that prevented them from attacking as often as they should and that has now been corrected. Please plan accordingly. |
My Fellow combiners,
Ulrike recently added a feature to our tools that, when we delete applied customs, you will receive 250 CPs for each small/large deleted. To this end, Ulrike is going through the custom image library. We are only deleting BROKEN image links, therefore old images that were hosted offsite would be the only ones affected. If you receive any notifications, it merely means that you had broken image links. We are not deleting images for any other reason unless Ulrike finds very specific circumstances and discusses them with the team beforehand.
That is all.
|Updated to revision 4681b10660760e7b08fea68f626933ff14a70a07 (+71)
- Replaced mysql_ API with mysqli_ API
- Update CSS on CP exchange page
- Fix jobshourly crashing on WS rate limit classname
- Fixed View Custom Images tools paging and not refunding CP upon deletion of applied customs
- disallow empty inventory tag names via inlineedit (#4243)
- Fix custom imageApproval.php crashing when owner does not exist
- Fix custom imageApproval.php crashing when owner does not exist
- Force square facilities to always display vertical image (no more sideways facilities in cities)
- Fixed ordering of skill groups after resetting character template on character creation page
- Fixed ordering of skill group priorities on character templates rules page
- creatures fail to attack after fire delay ends
- Character/Messages/(Sent||Received) improvements (#4260)
- LISP get-entity clarifying parameters (#4260)
- Messages routes don't check that you're requesting your own DMs (Unreported)
- Inventory/Entity/Property resource doesn't support infotext updates (Unreported)
- CP Vehicle purchase gives poorly-formatted event (#4242)
- Added generalized get-entity LISP to cover nonexistent get- types (#4260)
- Restricted races shown on system rules page (#4259)
- Types/Races homeworld route links incorrect (Unreported)
- Types/Entities resource inaccuracies (Unreported)
- Increased max number of records from Inventory/Entities resource from 100 to 500 to better accommodate inventories with tens/hundreds of thousands of entities, made possible by removing redundant data. (Unreported)
- Inventory/Entities resource provides excessive duplication of data that can/should be pulled from Inventory/Entity (Unreported)
- Inventory/Entities resource doesn't check accessibility of inventory (Unreported)
- Added tool to sync forum post counts
- Fixed crash when viewing member dashboard before creating character
- removed same-entity-type restriction from production queue
- Fixed being unable to interact with equipped items (#4095)
- Fixed issues with sending messages from NPCs in lisp (#4102)
- Fix bypassing party permissions checks in some instances (#4236)
- Fixed priv-related exploits in inventory (#4237)
- prevented GNS posts from being submitted without a title or body text
- Corrected rules on production faction type exceptions
- Added check to Repackage Items that blocks items with custom images from being repackaged (IRC)
- Admin tools no longer tied to specific user names (#4223)
- Divide by zero when trying to repair CP ships (#4222)
- Fixed Lightsaber Parts appearing under Ammunition on Equipment page
- Member map shows previous characters associated with current characters (#4218)
- Rock ivory rarity reduced from 250 to 100 (weeks ago)
- Mrlsst changed to Vycinth
- Muntu Codru changed to Daltarra
- Whiphid terrain restrictions updated, adding ocean
- Room maps updated: J-327, Starrunner, Theta, Wayfarer, XS-800, YV929, Empress, Dragonboat, Crusader, Kaloth, Lucrehulk
- Workers now hireable at shipyards (a week ago or so)
- New room map images
Your lovely Asim team has decided to temporarily confuse you by changing the names of various ships. This was done as part of a multi-thread suggestion, dating back to Year 12, to improve the naming scheme of Combine's entities with the overall intent to ensure accurate entity names and a clear, uniform appearance. It seems that as new entities have been added, the people creating them decided to use any variation of the name that they wanted. As such, there is a lot of variation between the names - one example being "-class" versus "-Class" - and that has annoyed many people for years.
Keep in mind, these are the updated names - you might not recognize a few of them.
MC-80 Home One-class Star Cruiser, Executor-class Star Destroyer
Acclamator-class Assault Ship, Darkstar-class Battleship, Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, Ithorian Herdship, Lucrehulk-class Battleship, M-class Luxury Liner, MC-60 Star Cruiser, MC-80a Star Cruiser, MC-80b Star Cruiser, Strike-class Medium Cruiser, Veltraa-class Cruiser, Victory I-class Star Destroyer
Arquitens-class Light Cruiser, Belarus-class Medium Carrier, Belarus-class Medium Cruiser, C-9979 Landing Craft, Corona-class Frigate, Ton-Falk-class Escort Carrier, Hammerhead-class Cruiser, Kaloth-class Battlecruiser, EF76 Nebulon-B Medical Frigate, EF76 Nebulon-B Escort Frigate, Neutron Star-class Bulk Cruiser, Nova-class Battlecruiser, Tartan-class Patrol Cruiser
Adz-class Patrol Destroyer, Foray-class Blockade Runner, Braha'tok-class Gunship, YV-666 Light Freighter
AA-9 Coruscant Freighter, Theta-class AT-AT Barge, Brayl-class Bulk Freighter, CSS-1 Corellian Star Shuttle, CR-20 Troop Carrier, Hardcell-class Transport, HCT-2001 Dragonboat-class Freighter, Xiytiar-class Transport
Delta-class JV-7 Escort Shuttle, Dynamic-class Freighter, G-1A Starfghter, G-type Light Shuttle, Gozanti-class Cruiser, Herald-class Shuttle, Horizon-class Star Yacht, HWK-290 Light Freighter, Infiltrator-class Star Courier, Eta-class Shuttle, Kom'rk-class Transport, Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle, Nu-class Attack Shuttle, Simiyiar-class Light Freighter, Sprint-class Rescue Craft, Starlight-class Light Freighter
JumpMaster 5000, Pursuer-class Enforcement Ship, S40K Phoenix Hawk-class Light Pinnace
Aurek-class Tactical Starfighter, A/SF-01 B-wing Starfighter, Belbullab-22 Starfighter, C-wing Ugly, Chir'daki-class Starfighter, Delta-12 Skysprite-class Starfighter, Delta-7 Aethersprite-class Interceptor, Eta-2 Actis-class Light Interceptor, G-400 Starfighter, I-BEAM Starfighter, Mankvim-814 Light Interceptor, Miy`Til-class Starfighter, Pinook-class Starfighter, Razor-class Starfighter, RZ-1 A-wing Interceptor, S-250 Chela-class Starfighter, Scarab-class Droid Starfighter, Sith Starfighter, Zero-G Spacetrooper Armor Mark I, T-wing Interceptor, TIE-wing Ugly, Toscan 8-Q Starfighter, Viper-class Starfighter, X-ceptor Ugly, T-65 X-wing Starfighter, Y-TIE Ugly, BTL-A4 Y-wing Longprobe, BTL-S3 Y-wing Starfighter
Unrelated, here's a Descriptions Team Sync Report:
Descriptions Uploaded/Edited in Year 18
Belt, Macro Binoculars, Nouane (planet), Chroon-Tan B-Machine, D5-Mantis Patrol Craft, Genosian Massiff, Givin, V-19 Torrent Starfighter, 578-R Space Transport, Atgar 1.4 FD P-Tower, Crusader-class Corvette, Dorin (planet), Faulty Cybernetic, HSB-200 hold-out blaster pistol, Manda (planet), XS-800 Light Freighter.
|(Edited by Tomas O`Cuinn on Year 18 Day 85)|
We are currently preparing for a rollout of replacement room images. You can preview the new images here:
We are welcome to hear comments, and potential improvements to the rooms. Currently, the images will officially be uploaded next weekend for implementation come next sync.
EDIT: Due to some discussion and potential code changes, there have been additional images uploaded for entity specific rooms! If you care to see them, they are linked on the first page.
|(Edited by Jevon Lambright on Year 18 Day 74)|
|Congratulations to our three new asims: Euna Miriel, Geoff Jackson, and Cilat Tib`arus. As I accidentally spent the whole day playing XCOM I will be sending the three of you more instructions tomorrow evening. |
2016 was my first year as the simmaster. The year started well following our migration to AWS for better server stability and performance, and we made some good progress up through February when the new changes to the positioning system were announced. As the year progressed we lost some more of our dev team to inactivity and other responsibilities, leaving us with a minimal team: myself and Arjuna as admins, Erek as the primary active asim, and Ted Winner as the only active programmer, plus Kay Dallben leading the effort in understanding and using the npc scripting system. Perhaps unexpectedly, I can think of four active art team members and likely several other infrequent contributors.
To me the positioning system was a bit of a disappointment, as it remains unfinished. For personal reasons, my time spent on the game decreased to nearly zero for more than half of 2016 and so progress was nonexistent. It remains a priority as the current system prevents the release of combat due to problems I believe cannot be resolved without rewriting it, which also opens the door to a more detailed simulation as described. We're adopting several new measures this year to increase productivity and allow development to continue despite programmer absence or departure, which will be described more fully in the third 2017 update focusing on the goals for 2017. I am however very pleased that Ted joined the team and that he was able to address several longstanding bugs that had been some of the most common sources of frustration. Positioning remains our first priority, but we will be making other changes along the way instead of letting it block all other progress.
Apart from OOC issues, simmaster duties have taken a lot more time than I would like. We're adopting more hands-off policies on certain issues that have historically taken up large amounts of time, and hopefully the incoming asims (to be announced tomorrow evening!) will be able to both address the backlog of issues we have and keep things running smoothly with less time spent on my end. There will remain things that have to be handled by me (payments, donations, and server issues), but for the most part asims will be resolving rules issues on their own. It is clear that I need to spend more of the time that I am able to dedicate to SWC on forward progress for the overall game, not cases affecting one or two players.
I would encourage anyone interested in getting involved to do a few things: first, get on IRC. It is the primary way we communicate and that will not be changing in the foreseeable future. Second, get to know the teams and people who work on things you might be interested in, in non-obtrusive ways, such as listening to the general chat in the correct team room, making a few jokes when the time is right, and slowly joining the conversation so that people learn who you are too. Third, complete team apps or contact the team leader to learn about joining, once you are familiar with how it works and want to contribute. For the dev team, which is the most in need of members, we also have additional resources on the forums regarding the types of skills you should have and how to show what you know.
Thanks for playing and sticking with us thus far, and I hope we can continue to grow as a game and community in 2017.