Update to revision c403aa74e27d6878805eee254b58131c1a50a839 (+186)
- Lisp: Fixed rand-from-list, fixed get-entity-type
- City designer: facilities counted on import, stalagmites should work, hidden cities should work, unselectable facilities are now red
- Fixed some missing links, menu issues, and html issues (many pages)
- Fixed bugs #3735 and 3736 relating to script modules
- Fixed duplicate weapon listings for creatures and droids on the battle report page
- Fixed mining issue that was causing things to stick at 100% (previously stuck mines are not fixed--contact an asim--it just won't happen moving forward)
- Updated a few errors on scripting rules
- Rules admin email updated
- Repair rules rewritten to match implementation
- Ground combat rules rewritten to match implementation
- Firepower information added to weapon boxes
- Damage reduction added to droid and facility info boxes (currently zero)
- Thrown weapons class was removed. Previously thrown weapons are now personal weapons and are not consumable
- Room maps for all entities have been added to the details page for each
- Repair for ships, facilities, vehicles, and space stations has been released.
- Ground combat has been rewritten. Please check the rules page for complete information
- Facility combat has been released into beta on Derra. There are two cities on Derra currently but we will add more very quickly.
- Combat uses a new set of equations and formulas. All weapons have been updated
- Ionic damage has been partly implemented. Droids and facilities will take ionic damage where appropriate
- A new info box for items on the Equipment page has been implemented
- New font options have been added (Georgia)
- Item equipping no longer uses drag and drop. Instead, click on the item image to select it and then click on the slot you wish to equip to. This is the same "effort" as before with a desktop client, but it makes the equipment page mobile friendly by avoiding drag and drop.
- Several additional minor UI tweaks and changes
IMPORTANT NOTE: You may need to hard-refresh in order to receive the new stylesheet information! If your equipment pages look awful try pressing ctrl+f5.
This is one of the most significant updates we have had since the end of year 15. I am really proud of the work the team accomplished for this one, as we have two significant feature releases plus improvements to the UI and mobile friendliness. There will be a post in a few days summarizing the Q1 targets and progress for 2015 so far, including several additional milestones that have emerged during work on combat. With a significant change to how combat works, including facility combat's initial release, we will be opening feedback threads to hear about the damage types and scaling, the current firepower and armor stats, and the effectiveness of facility combat with different weapons. Please note that NPCs can't currently use heavy weapons, which is something that will be figured out in the future, which may be important for producing the final facility combat balance. Also please don't start combat feedback threads in other places.
A quick overview of how firepower was calculated for those who are curious. Taking the previous equations and assuming a certain miss rate, I found the expected damage in a single round of combat for each weapon against each completed armor fitout (such as correllian powersuit + helmet, HBA + helmet, IRG + helmet, etc.). Then, the firepower was adjusted so that the expected damage with the new equations was closest in the least squares sense for that weapon when considering all armors. This was repeated independently for each weapon. The results are a pretty good fit for this particular hit rate, although there will be some departure when considering different hit rates: if you hit more often than the model used, you will do less damage than before, and if you hit less often than the model, then you will do more damage. This is because previously the first few attacks would be completely absorbed while the last attacks would apply full damage, whereas now all attacks are scaled by the same amount. On the whole most armors perform the same now, except for the most powerful armors (Mando especially) which are slightly less effective than before, but still the best. Currently, all creatures have firepower fixed at 10, which was not optimized, but is a reasonable "typical" value.
Update: a few somewhat breaking issues have been found (typical), and most have been fixed as they were small oversights, but we won't be able to sync to update until later this afternoon.
Update #2: We've updated again with fixes intended to resolve: issues with bacta tanks, new players being unable to load the sidebar, combat xp being incorrect (both 39 and 42 xp), wrecks being marked as repairable, and some lingering inaccuracy on the combat rules pages.
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 16 Day 123)|
Well, after a long list of questions, some training, blah blah blah, the newest members of the QA Team have been selected.
Everyone feel free to congratulate the new members with humples and other displays of public affection!
Big thanks again to everyone who tried and hope to see you again if/when applications are open in the future.
|(Edited by Simkin Dragoneel on Year 16 Day 122)|
UPDATE: I have currently accepted 3 people into the team, who will be announced in full later. For those of you who sstarted a conversation with me, if I have not gotten back to you please poke me via DM, I will be going through DM logs this week but have been very busy. Poking me will expedite the matter. If I sent a DM to you and you have not yet responded, I would love to hear your progress on anything I asked for, or whatever you might still need in terms of info!
Due to the large volume of art requests, the Art Team is calling out to all experienced artists of the Combine! While we mainly seek 3D artists, we are not averse to adding members of both 2D and 3D to our ranks. if you would like to know more, or apply to join, DM me (Jevon Lambright.)
EDIT: due to the massive influx of purely 2D applications, I am limiting further apps to those who posess at least some decent understanding of the 3D program of their choice. Onasha has put together instructionl materials from their Blender class as well as youtube if you want to start learning now.
May the Art be with you,
The Artistic penguin
|(Edited by Jevon Lambright on Year 16 Day 116)|
The servers (3) have been paid for for the upcoming year, totaling about $15,000. We'd like to thank you all for your continued generosity in supporting SWC. We couldn't have done it without you.
The SWC Administration
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 16 Day 102)|
The development team needs you to test for the Combine!
Due to supposedly being swamped with work soon and some cuts from the team, we are looking for 2 or 3 players with experience in vast parts of the game, or willing to learn parts of the game to help the Combine Development Team test bug fixes and other assorted things we want... tested.
I'm not going to take players who I will presume to be released onto the Development Server, and just play around spawning SSDs or something.
Full training will be given, depending on how much time I have, pay in CP's will be set at a similar standard to other teams depending on your activity and bugs tested.
Open applications will be open for a few days.
Anyone interested needs to email me (email@example.com) with why they should be on the QA (Testing) team, preferably answering the following questions:
1) What is your handle?
2) How long have you been with the Combine?
3) Why do you want to join the QA Team?
4) What skills do you think you can bring to the QA Team?
5) What country do you live in?
6) How much time can you spend on the Combine in general and helping in particular?
7) Were you involved in any projects that would qualify you for the position?
8) Can you spend time every day/other day idling on #swc-dev to help test things as needed?
9) Anything else we should know about/can help your application?
I will review your applications and I will be selecting 2 or 3 players to join the team, depending on my busy schedule this may take a week or two.
Thank you much!
Any questions, please join #swc-dev on IRC.
The current testing team is as follows:|
Update to revision 12a3da3164f9fe04bd3b12527589c10397ef4621 (+106)
- Fixed missing/broken tags causing sidebar corruption on a number of pages
- Fixed facility coords on city designer
- Fixed top/bottom links on inventory pages
- Fixed broken NPC fitout management on NPC control page
- Fixed missing tags folder in inventory (Bug 3648)
- Updated Contact Us page with useful information
- Fixed broken image link for powered buildings on city rules
- Clarified that extracted RMs are given to mine owners
- Clarified the Kick Passenger rules and functionality for internal vs external kick.
- Many general typo fixes
- LISP Changelog: New syntax: let, lambda, module-export, load. Shareable/loadable modules, SWC libraries of useful functions
- City designer now counts facilities and has a pseudofacility for stalagmites in appropriate terrains
- Skinning system has been overhauled, several options have been removed as well as the CCom skin, which was almost identical to the green skin that replaces it.
Hotfixes: (you may have noticed these already)
- Increased weight, volume, and batch size of HSB-200 hold-out blaster pistol.
- New rules images for DL0-18, DL-56
- New RM images for inventory, rules page, & deposits.
- Planetary artwork for Tanaab, Candoria, Phu, Hjaff, & Trunska
This is a relatively small sync despite the small delay, introducing only one significant feature: scripting modules. We also made a number of of changes to how the skinning system works and tried to overhaul the way CSS is generated for and used by SWC. In the future we will include additional skins and continue refining the color palettes in order to improve the general quality of most skins, which often feature inconsistent color choices or poor contrast in many situations.
Facility repair has entered the final phases of testing and updating. It will be released to the main server during the next sync, which will be in 1 or 2 weeks. Kendall has been working very hard for several months on it and we hope to have a successful launch soon.
Since there seems to be a lot more demand than expected, the option to change which font SWC uses will be back next sync as well, along with changes for the issues with forum skins (missing styles, too small text in editing boxes) that went unnoticed until now. Sync will definitely be next weekend, maybe sooner.
Edit: Stylesheets have been updated, fixing the issues with forum display. Font options have also been restored, and a third option (Georgia) has been added.
|(Edited by Selatos on Year 16 Day 81)|
We've received reports this weekend of the White Scenario board being offline for the last day or two. Yuku, the hosting provider for the board, had a network-wide outage and has been in the process of bringing all of their servers back online today. According to them, "the issue is almost fixed, servers have been restarted and it's just a matter of time now until all boards are back on line."
When a ship is full of passenger and someone wishes to enter that ship, the option to kick a passenger is given to them. The Game will randomly select the person to kick and it can sometimes kick a Player instead of a NPC. This is perfectly legal and is a FEATURE!
Some Players have used this to their advantage and will have a PC board a players ship and use the Kick feature repeatedly until the Player is Kicked. This is not a feature and should not be done. Kicking a Passenger to board a ship is completely fine. Having your NPCs board a ship in order to kick a Player is not. Thank You.
Arjuna Edit: Year 16 Day 66
Recently a situation has come to our attention that requires clarification of this post
The intention of the external kick feature is to give players access to ships that are full and they cannot board normally. The feature is not intended to get access to players by kicking them off of a ship.
-Using it on a full ship to kick an npc off so you may board it to arrest the player on board is OK
-Loading npcs or players onto a ship to make it full, then using the kick button to remove a targeted player character is NOT
-Using the kick feature on a full single person ship, with the intention of forcing the targeted player onto your own ship is NOT
-Going into the cockpit of a ship, and using the internal kick passenger button to move the target off the ship is OK
We are aware that the rules section on this is not entirely clear, it will be updated in the near future to reflect this
|(Edited by Arjuna on Year 16 Day 66)|
We have a few exciting staff announcements today.
First, I'd like to congratulate our two new assistant simmasters (informally, asims), Popara Anjiliac Diresto and Cornelius vi Cron, whose government names will be Leon and Strife respectively. They will be helping with the traditional asim duties: account issues, helping players affected by bugs, rules enforcement, etc. The current asim team now consists of Erek, Ghost, Leon, Strife, and Arjuna.
I'd also like to announce a promotion for one of our current asims, Arjuna, to a full administrator position. He will be in charge of asim management and the primary contact for any abuse or complaint issues. He will also be continuing and expanding his previous work as Galaxy Director to create a more detailed and vibrant in-game universe and oversee the creation and integration of new game content such as quests, in conjunction with the asim team.
Congratulations to everyone, we look forward to working together.
The White Scenario (WS) team is looking for new moderators and trainers!
You might have noticed a bit of a downturn in activity on the WS Board these past two years, and you're not alone in that. And if you're also thinking back to the good times you had there, especially in that one scenario with that mercenary, and that bar, and those zombies (okay, maybe not such good times for your character), then you're still not alone! Instead of commiserating with your cat while writing your character's history on the Holocron, come join "White (and Red) Scenario Veterans Support Group," otherwise known as the WS Team.
We need experienced roleplayers with strong writing ability to be Moderators and Trainers. These positions are awarded a very generous salary of CPs every month for time spent reading and evaluating posts. Prior participation in at least one White Scenario is strongly recommended, but not required to apply. Visit the Moderator / Trainer Sign-Up thread to learn more.
Ever thought about GMing?
If moderating or training just isn't your thing, but you have a hankering for a good story set in the SWC universe, please consider a stint as a GM. The Scenario Request forum awaits your proposal of most ingenious plotting through which you will be afforded the opportunity to torture and/or entertain your fellow Combiner with your creative devices.
Lost but intrigued?
For those who don't know what all of this blathering is about, the White Scenario Board is for long-form roleplay with the opportunity to earn XP for your character. WS Moderators score the posts of participants to determine how much XP to award for each (and how many CPs a GM should earn for their moderation and story guidance). You're welcome to look through the Public Viewable Scenarios section of the WS Board for examples. RP Trainers, meanwhile, take new roleplayers through a ten part training curriculum in the RPG Centre to prepare them for scenario style roleplay in any one of the Combine's RP forums.
|(Edited by Roan Axios on Year 16 Day 50)|
In a recent sync, the developers added the ability to set flavor text for item types. This was implemented for the purpose of special quest items and items for in-game events, but we would like to expand flavor text to existing item types as well, for informational and entertainment purposes.
Therefore, a thread has been opened in the Work for CPs forum where all creative individuals are invited to submit suggestions for flavor text. Further instructions and information about flavor text are included in the submission thread, and small amounts of CPs will be awarded for text used and for solid suggestions in general. There is no deadline.
Hi everyone, you may have noticed that there is a problem where you get redirected to some spam sites, sometimes. This is being caused by a bad ad being served by google; as far as I know there is nothing we can do until google resolves the issue from there end. I believe it has already been reported to them and we are just waiting for them to finish investigating. Thanks for your patience, I know this is a really annoying thing to have happening!