Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Rule breaking handles still being accepted
Ralgarrch

Lets look at a few recent handles:

William Lightsaber*
Windu Maul
Qui-Gon Mattia
Voren Darklighter

Now I can understand how some handles slip through but really, is there someone who can accept handles that doesn't actually look at them when they do?

Ral.png
would be nice if canon names like that could be set to be restriced in the first place, not even showing up.

horbanner.gif
Keibak Aruu

Their should be a database of all last names that should not be accepted. Maybe their could be a string searcher, I agree. There are so many graphic novels that its hard to figure out which names are canon and which are not.

A side note, I thought that First names like Qui-Gon were ok according to the rules...

signature.png
There actually is a listing of auto-blocked last names, like Skywalker. I'm not sure why Maul apparently did not make that list, nor Darklighter.

Keibak is correct; using the first name of a character is perfectly acceptable. Qui-Gon Mattia is therefore a valid handle.

William Lightsaber is questionable, but not explicitly restricted.. it isn't uncommon for last names to consist of an actual word, so that would be up to the opinion of whoever happens to handle such a request. Red Lightsaber would be another matter.

Well.. 2 out of 4 ain't bad. ;P

swcforumsig

Ralgarrch

There was supposed to be an explanation for the * saying I wasn't sure if it's actually against the rules but I really wish it was.

Ral.png
Added these 2 to the black list.

Sim Master Veynom

*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***