Year

Day

Time

01:44:37

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 8 Day 123 12:19
Brawn Quixote

I have noticed that when some human Medic NPCs are hired from Tatooine, they are listed as male gender, but start with female avatars. Also, the human medics give the owner the option of selecting a male or female avatar when editing the NPC. I know that you can specify gender when you hire, but when selling them, it is very easy to mistake male for female especially when a male NPC has a female avatar (sometimes a very big deal depending on the buyer) . Is this an intended feature, or a bug?

I have encountered this situtation twice with Human medic NPCs hired from Tatooine.

Year 8 Day 124 3:58
Male NPCs should not be able to have female NPC avatars (and vice versa), so if that is the case, that sounds like a bug for the bug base. On the other hand, if you are simply mistaking a male for a female, that's an entirely different issue and probably just means you will need to become more familiar with the individual images for NPCs.

swcforumsig

Year 8 Day 124 9:08
One of the images for a human male NPC is npc_m6.jpg

Now I don't care what anyone says - that's a chick!

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 124 12:42
Brawn Quixote

It's either a chick or Yngwie Malmsteen. Glad I'm not the only one that thought so.

Year 8 Day 124 12:53
If that is the female image you refer to, then it's been deliberately added as a male image, and is available for all human male NPCs. I have no idea why.

If there are other female images available, then it's a bug.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 124 13:35
Brawn Quixote

I think it is the only female image... there are 2 versions of it. I guess you are right Hal. Someone must have added it on purpose. I can't see why either, it is clearly a female image.

Year 8 Day 124 19:30
The face looks mannish to me. It's the breast armor that is a bit more feminine.

swcforumsig

Year 8 Day 125 14:50
Brawn Quixote

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to chalk it up to a difference of opinion. :) I'll just remember to look at the NPC's stats before I advertise it from now on.

Year 8 Day 125 15:42
Gitane Demone

Its arms are a bit too slender for a man who carries a sword like that. :)

I'll be fixing this once I have the access.

Year 8 Day 125 20:58
Tch, manly men are overrated.

swcforumsig

Year 8 Day 125 21:06
Phryss

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
Year 8 Day 126 16:15
Gitane Demone

Oh god Phryss! That's wrong in so many ways.

Year 8 Day 127 7:36
Ryu Takarashi

That's why I prefer Guild Wars over WoW