Year

Day

Time

12:17:52

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 8 Day 202 22:49
Xavze Zavan

- Loading materials now requires you to be: (a) Able to board the target, or (b) Be able to share sensors, or (c) The materials be owned by the same entity as the target.

Is it really necessary to put hauler pilots at A/E risk since I now have to add some stranger to my crewlist?

Its all fine if I own everything but that is rarely the case o_O

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
Year 8 Day 203 10:17
Xavze Zavan

Surely I can't be the only that thinks having to add someone to my crewlist to load RM is unacceptable!?

Year 8 Day 203 12:34
Phryss

This sounds like a suggestion, not a tech support issue.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
Year 8 Day 203 13:05
Xavze Zavan

um..hmmm..I guess its kinduva question and a suggestion.

The question part is I would like to know why this particular change was done.One can assume perhaps it was to counter the "1 unit of RM=tracking device" but I think that is what load limits are for.Careful management of load limits eliminates that exploit/technique.

The suggestion part would be to remove the "- Loading materials now requires you to be: (a) Able to board the target" as it brings the possibility of mischief IE..I agree to haul Joe's RM from Sally's station in naughty Government sector for X amounts of credits...Sally insists that her personel attend her station and do the loading(which is reasonable and widespread policy) and Joe isn't about to make the RM over to me(also reasonable)...so I have to add Sally's evil A/E superstar and..well...not so good O_O

Sorry,the different forums purpose` is not always crystal clear to me.This seemed like the place to ask an Admin about this recent change.

Year 8 Day 203 22:08
Riax Tardes

Careful management of load limits eliminates that exploit/technique. 

Have you ever needed to do more transport runs to transport 100 piles? And when you have done that, have you set the load limits each time you have loaded/unloaded one of those piles?

Year 8 Day 204 0:42
Xavze Zavan

Yes I have and yes I do.I set limits each load to whatever I am picking up then remove all once I am finished.This what the feature is for.As a private hauler,I consider this vital.

Anyways,lets keep it on subject..mainly the scenario described above where potential bad guys must be added to ship crewlists.

Year 8 Day 204 0:53
Ralgarrch

I fail to see why your saying they must be added to a ships crew list when the word 'or' exists in two very important parts of that passage. If you don't want to add them to the crew list just have them share sensors with you, that's hardly risking OOF A/E is it.

Edited By: Ralgarrch on Year 8 Day 204 0:54

Ral.png
Year 8 Day 204 7:52
I have to interject that I saw this feature on the upcoming list in the Status Reports forum long before it hit the Sim News and immediately went to bug Khan about it, which is why option C got added in the first place. I considered having to add someone to either the crewlist or the IFF lists just to pick up RMs from their facility to be a tremendous pain in the ass.

I wasn't really aware there was an independant, 3rd party hauling market at the time.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 204 10:04
Xavze Zavan

It is a pain in the ass.Heck the whole process of picking up RM in someone else`s facil is a pain.

Anyhoo...will adding the folks to IFF work with an individual`s IFF list?..guess there is one way to find out...would I have to be on thier IFF list also?

Still think this added requirement should be dropped immediately

Edited By: Xavze Zavan on Year 8 Day 204 10:08

Year 8 Day 204 13:07
Riax Tardes

Still think this added requirement should be dropped immediately 

You are really speaking only on your behalf here. I am saying this, because from a lot of pilots I have worked with, none of them was constantly editing their limits.

It's much easier to set the IFF list in the rare cases, when you work with an enemy. And if it's a friend, you can just keep it on the list, as a business partner. It won't hurt.

Year 8 Day 204 16:00
Xavze Zavan

I'm sure these pilots you have worked with are not real pleased with this new rule.Anyways,this isn't about your pilots use or not of the load limit feature.

According to the share sensors rules,I will need to be on another party`s IFF list in addition to adding them to mine.This may or may not be doable.

Anyway you look at it,this is making the hauling process more difficult

Year 8 Day 204 18:18
Jeb`el Ras

Whether people USE load limits as designed is irrelevant, Riax. The point is that the presumed reason for havign load limits at all was to prevent unwanted RM from being loaded into your ship/facil/vehicle.

This new 'feature' is presumably for the very same reason, and adds a lot of unnecessary complication. The crewlist option is simply an invitation to die. The IFF list requires privs that someone loading RMs is often unlikely to have. Ownership of the RMs is dicey at best.

For the record, Xavze's opinion is shared by myself and every member of my factions.

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
When none cares whether it prevail or not. - Coventry Patmore
Year 8 Day 204 19:12
Phryss

If you would like to see this feature changed, go to the suggestions forum.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
Year 8 Day 205 10:06
Xavze Zavan

You want I should start another thread!?..can I get this one moved over there?

Year 8 Day 205 10:21
Threads cannot be moved between sections of the forums. Problem Centre threads must stay within the Problem Centre (although they could be moved to General, for instance), and cannot be sent over to the RPG or Message Centres.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 207 2:15
Riax Tardes

A QUESTION though:

in the view of the new rules, is it acceptable and not considered exploit to use RM as tracking devices? I mean, if you can slip them inside a ship.