Day

Time

21:52:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Prospecting events report suface location s/b ground
Xortyph LoKebo

I am prospecting on a planet and the event reports the surface position instead of the ground position. This makes it look like I am prospecting the same location over and over. For example; I am prospecting different squares (0,1; 0,2; etc) in column (0,1). The events report that I am prospecting in (0,1) repeatedly. This is confusing. Is this a bug?

Only the dead know the end of war.
I'm not quite sure what you mean.. While I was prospecting, it appropriately displayed the coordinates of the city location in which I was prospecting until I moved on to the next square on the planet. If you are prospecting different locations within a single city position, however, then you are prospecting the same location repeatedly.

swcforumsig

Xavze Zavan

ya it sounds kinda like he is just moving over 1 grid within the city.You need to move to another planet grid

Once you finish your scan,fly to the edge of the city.Then use Travel>cross terrain...

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
Xortyph LoKebo

I probaly just don't understand. I am in an arctic region of a planet with no city slabs laid down in that region. For arguments sake, lets say this region is rectangular and extends from (0,0) at the top left most corner to (11,11) at the bottom right most corner. I started prospecting at surface position (0,0), ground position (1,0), and continued down to ground position (1,11). The cockpit view indicated each time that I was at suface position (1,0) and showed the ground position increment from (1,0) through (11,11), but the events all should that I was at position (1,0). Is that because there are no city slabs here and it is considered one big area?

Jeb`el Ras

This makes it look like I am prospecting the same location over and over 

You ARE

You need to go to the edge of the grid and 'cross terrain' to the next planetary square.

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
When none cares whether it prevail or not. - Coventry Patmore
Xortyph LoKebo

Oh Geez. Doh. Please close, and delete if possible.